Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 3- Happiness is Having your Hair done.

****This is part of my 31 Day 2013 Challenge*****

Thursday is Mom's hair day.  Each Thursday, Nancy takes her to get her hair washed and set and then they go out to lunch.  They go to the same restaurant and order the same meal, Chicken Noodle Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwich, and Lemon Meringue Pie.  Mom doesn't remember that they do this each week but routine does seem to bring her some comfort and when there is a change in routine she will often break out in hives and be even more disoriented than normal.  Then on Thursday nights, Dick and Jackie join us for dinner and stay with Mom while we go to choir practice.  Occasionally we will go to their house for dinner and Mom will stay there while we go to choir practice or if it is their weekend to keep Mom they will have us for dinner and then I will pick Mom up on Sunday
evenings.

 
Mom with her hair all done and beautiful as can be.

I have noticed that Mom is sleeping more and more now. She didn't wake up yesterday until after 8:30 and she went to bed before 8:00 pm.  When I showered her last night there was still no bruising on her left side and she did not complain when I washed her right foot so whatever that was seems to have passed.  On one hand it is hard to see her slowing down but on the other hand I really pray daily that she will pass away before I have to put her into a nursing home.  This is my biggest fear. I know that one day I may have no choice but to place her into a permanent home but my goal is to keep her home with those of us who love her for as long as we possibly can.  Should she die before a nursing home becomes necessary I will be very grateful.

When Mom and Nancy returned, Nancy reported that Mom had mentioned again that her right foot was hurting.  I took another look and saw that she does have bruising now right in the arch of her right foot but there is no swelling and no pain unless you press directly on the bruise so I am sure she will be ok in a few days.

See Day 4

2 comments:

  1. My husband sleeps until after 10:00 a.m. but he is awake, fidgeting until at least 2 a.m. So we don't get a lot of nighttime sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry Paula. You need your sleep so that you have the capacity to care for him. Have you tried giving him a nighttime medicine to help him fall asleep earlier?

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.