Thursday, October 16, 2014

Milky Way Bundt Cake for #BundtBakers

This is my first post for a group that I joined called Bundt Bakers. This month the party is hosted by Stacy of Food, Lust, People, Love,  and Lauren of  Sew You Think You Can Cook, who chose caramel as the main ingredient.  Here is the information on our group if you would like to join us.

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme.  Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.

BundtBakers

I went onto Allrecipes.com and found numerous Bundt Cake recipes using Milky Way Candy Bars.  I finally settled on one submitted by Ann.  I made this recipe just as written except that I only used 1 c. of powdered sugar for the frosting so that I could drizzle instead of frost and I always use butter not margarine.



It is very decadent.  I would have never trusted myself to make this and have it in the house so I volunteered to bring dessert when invited to my niece's house for dinner.  Phew.....it was a close call because I know I would have kept going back for piece after piece until the entire cake was gone.  It was very addictive.  It was reminiscent of fudge with caramel.  It was delicious!!!

Milky Way Bundt Cake
originally Caramel Nougat Cake V by Ann at Allrecipes.com

11 (2.15 oz) Milky Way Candy Bars
1 1/2 c. butter, divided
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 c, powdered sugar

Spray a Bundt Pan with baking spray.   Sift together flour and baking soda, set aside.  In a med. saucepan melt 8 of the candy bars with with 1/2 c. of the butter, stirring until smooth.  Remove from heat and let cool.

In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together another 1/2 c. of butter and 2 c. of sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.  Stir in vanilla.  Beat in the flour mixture, alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.  Stir in the cooled chocolate and nuts.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven for 40-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.  (I found that the cake was browning very quickly so I lightly covered it with aluminum foil after 30 minutes.)  Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto cooling rack to finish cooling completely.

Melt remaining candy bars with remaining 1/2 c. butter, add 1 c powdered sugar and stir until smooth.  Drizzle over cooled cake.  Print Recipe


Don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:

One year ago--Birthday Dinner

13 comments:

  1. That definitely would have been dangerous to have in a house with only two people, Wendy! I'd love a slice with a nice cold glass of milk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do need a glass of milk with this Stacy, it was super sweet.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a cake! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I bet that was SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had just a tiny piece and I was so happy to leave it behind because my niece texted me the following message the next day...Oh my Goodness, you should have taken that cake home with you. It is seriously the most amazing dessert.
      My butt hates you!!

      Delete
  4. Wowee! That looks so good and sound out of this out world! Milky Way bars make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the group! I like that you chose a very popular Halloween candy to add even more caramel to your cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren, I had a great time. Looking forward to next month's challenge.

      Delete
  6. This cake looks great, love the use of milky ways. Great choice for this month's theme!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.