Thursday, October 30, 2014

An Award....For little ol' me

Jennifer of Inner Workings of the Female Mind nominated me for the Liebster award.  This is an award given to new bloggers or bloggers with less than 200 followers.  It is an opportunity to get to know other bloggers and to help them increase their readership.

Thanks Jennifer, I think I will accept the nomination and happily participate with you.

Liebster Award

The rules are very simple.

  1. Post 11 Random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  3. Nominate bloggers with less than 200 followers to do the same.
  4. Advise those bloggers you nominated that you chose them.
My Random Facts.
  1. I believe that life is what you make it.
  2. I love entertaining
  3. Scuba diving keeps me sane
  4. There is nothing better than curling up with a good book
  5. I have never kept a secret from my husband
  6. I start humming the minute I start cooking.  I don't realize it until I catch myself.
  7. I start cooking the minute I feel stressed.
  8. I cry when sad songs come on the radio as I'm driving.
  9. I love animals, especially dogs.
  10. I don't think you can ever have too many kids running around the house.
  11. I have unfinished craft projects stuck in nearly every closet of my house.
My Answers to Jennifer's Questions
  1. My favorite Holiday is Easter.  It is the day my Lord and Savior proved that he was the Living God and saved all who wish to be saved.
  2. My favorite author....this is a tough one, there are sooooo many....I would have to say Dean Koontz or maybe, John Grisham or maybe, CS Lewis or maybe, Janet Evanovich....It depends on what I feel like reading I guess.
  3. If I could have dinner with a famous person it would be Pope Francis, he amazes me with his openness to change and the ideas he is willing to share.  I would love to be able to discuss our faith and how it has transformed into what it is today.
  4. I actually started blogging because so many of my fb friends would remark that I should blog my recipes and my stories about Mom.  I was my Mom's main caregiver so I had a lot of time sitting in the living room with her while she watched game shows so I decided to give it a shot.
  5. My favorite quote is "Let it Go".  It covers just about every situation.
  6. My guilty pleasure is computer games....I am addicted.
  7. My greatest pet peeve are people who are narrow minded and refuse to see outside of their own little box.
  8. Top on my bucket list is a Dive Trip to Wakatobi.
  9. In 5 yrs I see myself traveling quite often as my husband will (hopefully) be retired by then.
  10. The one food staple always in my kitchen is Olive Oil.
  11. The wildest thing I have ever done is deciding to have and raise a child at 15 years old.  It was also the best thing I have ever done.
My Questions for You
  1. What is your favorite cocktail?
  2. Who is the most famous person you ever met in person?
  3. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far in your life?
  4. Do you prefer a large party or a small intimate party?
  5. What is your favorite food?
  6. What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
  7. What is the last book you read?
  8. What is your biggest fear?
  9. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
  10. Who was the last person you hugged?
  11. Name one thing about yourself that you absolutely love.
My Nominees

5 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for the nomination Wendy!! I LOVE your random facts - I could copy and paste most of them. :D (especially about the dogs and kids running around!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Rebekah. You live such an interesting life you were an easy pick.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Wendy. I posted mine today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have an award without sharing it with you Paula.

      Delete
  3. http://rebekahrose.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-liebster-award-id-like-to-thank.html Mine is up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.