Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Martini--#Pumpkin Week

This is the last day of #PumpkinWeek.  It just flew by and I have had a great time learning a lot of new pumpkin recipes and sharing my favorite recipes with everyone else.  I thought I would finish up this week with a cocktail, after all...it is Friday.


Now, those of you who know me know that Frank is the bartender extraordinaire around here.  He does a great job of whipping up whatever I throw his way.  Well, today I decided to experiment on my own and make a Pumpkin Pie Martini.  I used some of my pumpkin puree and some heavy cream, vanilla vodka, kahlua and pumpkin spice liqueur.  I gave Frank a taste, then I took a taste....and then we threw it down the sink and I stepped aside and let the master take over LOL.


This has been a wonderful week.
Thanks for hosting Terri.
I am going to kick back and relax with this wonderful cocktail.
Happy #PumpkinWeek everyone.

Pumpkin Pie Martini
created by Frank Klik

1 jigger pumpkin cream liqueur
1 jigger vodka
1/2 jigger pumpkin spice liqueur
crushed ice
cinnamon sugar for rimming glass

Place all ingredients except cinnamon sugar in cocktail shaker.  Shake well to combine.  Rub some pumpkin spice liqueur onto the rim of  a martini glass with a clean finger and then dip into cinnamon sugar that has been thickly sprinkled on a plate.  Strain contents of cocktail shaker into martini glass and serve.  Print Recipe

This wonderful event of #PumpkinWeek was hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. We celebratied our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day, tomorrow. 17 Food Bloggers came together to share over 65 recipes with you. In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we also sharied savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili and pumpkin corn chowder. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!

Check out all the other #PumpkinWeek Bloggers and their recipes for today:
Pumpkin Pie Pavlova  by Love and Confections
Pumpkin Pye - that's Pie with a Rye Crust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Caramel Pumpkin Torte by Lady Behind The Curtain
Pumpkin Loaf by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins by Making Miracles

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...that sounds luscious! Good ole' Frank to the rescue....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything pumpkin. What other recipes do you think you could the liqueurs in (like baking)?? Hopefully I wouldn't drink THAT many martinis. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Debra, this month at #BundtBakers the theme is Booze so we are about to find out. The posts go live on November 20th so stay tuned or better yet hop on over to the facebook page and join us!!

      Delete
  3. I was just revisiting our pumpkin posts - ahhh... I would like one of these martini treats tonight... though I bet they only sell those pumpkin flavor liquers seasonally - I'm going to have to keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I haven't seen any lately but then again I haven't been looking.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.