Friday, October 24, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Cookie Blossoms--#PumpkinWeek

Here it is nearly the end of our #PumpkinWeek challenge.  Can you believe how many wonderful things you can make with those pumpkins that you have used to decorate your homes?  It is so easy to make pumpkin puree from those adorable little pumpkins.  My recipe can be found right here.


The other day while shopping I came across these Pumpkin Spice Kisses from Hershey's.  I love kisses and I had never seen the pumpkin spice flavor before so, of course, I had to buy a bag or three.


Having these tasty little morsels around the house made me think of Peanut Butter Blossoms which is one of our favorite cookies to make around the Holidays.  I created this recipe based very loosely on the one I use for Peanut Butter Blossoms.  I am very pleased with how it turned out and I think you will be as well.  I am sharing this recipe at Wednesday Whatsits as well.


The batter was easy peasy.
Throw everything in the bowl and beat.


Make a cinnamon/sugar mixture in which to roll the batter balls.


Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.


Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
I love how they turned out.
They remind me of snickerdoodles.


Top with a kiss.


Enjoy.
See the little dark one at the top?
I decided my cinnamon sugar mixture needed more sugar to achieve the color I desired.

Pumpkin Spice Cookie Blossoms

2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground cloves
1/4 t. nutmeg

44 Pumpkin Spice Kisses

Place all ingredients, except kisses, in the large bowl of a stand mixer affixed with the paddle attachment.  Beat on low speed until combined.  Beat on med. speed until well blended.

Using a small cookie scoop or a rounded teaspoon, measure out the dough and roll into a ball.  Roll the ball in cinnamon sugar (I used 1 c. sugar to 1 t. cinnamon) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake in a preheated oven at 375* for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and top immediately with a kiss.  Allow to cool and kiss to firm before removing to serving platter.  Print Recipe


This party is hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. We are celebrating our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day. 17 Food Bloggers have come together to share over 65 recipes with you. In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we are also sharing savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili and pumpkin corn chowder. Come back every day for #PumpkinWeek recipes. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!

Check out all the #PumpkinWeek Bloggers and their recipes:

Pumpkin Pie Chia Granola by Love and Confections
Meatloaf-Stuffed Mini Pumpkins by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
White Chocolate Reeses Pumpkin Blondies by The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin and Corn Chowder by Curious Cuisiniere
Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes by Life Tastes Good
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Blossoms by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Curried Roasted Pumpkin Hummus by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Praline Frosted Pumpkin Brownies by My Catholic Kitchen
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Making Miracles
Pumpkin Biscotti by The Pajama Chef
White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry

16 comments:

  1. These look fantastic! What a fun fall treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...the kidd love to make these type of cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. what cute cookies! i love making those at christmas, so why not in the fall? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly what I thought as soon as I saw those pumpkin spice kisses Sarah.

      Delete
  4. I recently made similar cookies but didn't think to put pumpkin in the cookies as well. Next time I will have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just replaced the peanut butter with pumpkin puree and it worked great.

      Delete
  5. These cookies are adorable, Wendy! What a great idea to use pumpkin puree in them! I have not seen the pumpkin spice kisses either! I'll have to look for them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! These look SO good! I bet my son would flip for these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Wendy!!! These look totally Friday breakfast worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! I made them years ago, I need to stock up on pumpkin spice kisses to make them again!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.