Friday, October 17, 2014

Vegetable Rice Pilaf

Today I made a new Fish Friday recipe that I will be sharing with you next Monday when we do our Secret Recipe Club reveal. It is a great recipe, so make sure you come back and take a look.  I made a Vegetable Rice Pilaf to serve with my fish and I am sharing that recipe with you today.  It is a great side dish for any meat and it paired perfectly with our fish.

It is also a great way to up your vegetable intake and use up any veggies that are in your fridge, blanching or sauteeing as needed to make them tender.



Vegetable Rice Pilaf 

1/2 c. broccoli florets, blanched
1/2 c. cauliflower florets, blanched
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 clove, garlic minced
1 t. butter
1 t. olive oil
1 c. white and wild rice blend, cooked per package directions

Combine butter and olive oil in a large saute pan over med heat until hot but not smoking.  Add vegetables and saute until onion is translucent and the hard vegetables are crisp tender.  Add rice and stir to combine.  Turn into a buttered casserole and bake, covered at 375* for 30 minutes.  Fluff with a fork and serve.  Print Recipe

One year ago--Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.