Thursday, October 30, 2014

Changing things up....

It has been a pretty uneventful couple of days.  Yesterday was spent at the food pantry.  Today I went to Zumba, to see Mom and then came home and read for a while.  It is hibernating weather around here.

I thought I would post today because I changed up the Weekly Menu...not a lot, but enough to share a new recipe before I leave for choir.  Originally we were going to have Smoked Sausage with Mushrooms and Onions, Buttered Noodles and Glazed Carrots.  But I still have 4 heads of cabbage from my CSA that I am trying to get rid of use up so I decided to nix the carrots and have Fried Cabbage and Sausage for dinner.  I also had 2 potato boats left over from Sunday so we had those instead of the noodles.


This makes for a very Thrifty Thursday so I will be sharing this post there.  You should stop by for some great money saving recipes, crafts and ideas.

Fried Cabbage with Sausage

1 small onion, sliced
6 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 small cabbage. sliced
salt and pepper to taste
2 T. butter
1/2 lb. smoked sausage, sliced

Melt butter in large skillet over med high heat.  Add onions and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until mushrooms release liquid and onions are translucent.  Add the cabbage, season with salt and pepper and stir fry until tender but still crisp.  Add smoked sausage and stir fry until sausage starts to brown and is heated through.  Print Recipe

One year ago--Planned Leftovers

3 comments:

  1. Hey! :) I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Go check it out!

    http://innerworkingsofthefemalemind.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/award-time/

    If you do partake, make sure to post the link to your entry in my comment section. I would love to read your post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. I did get a chance to read yours now to just find the time to write mine LOL

      Delete
  2. Fried cabbage....how interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.