Saturday, October 18, 2014

A New Adventure on the Farm

I had told you (here) that our little piglet was sick with an ear infection and had gotten a shot of antibiotics by one of our neighbors who said that we should give it 24 hrs and then take it to the vet if there was no improvement.

Well, she wasn't much better so I did some research and learned that it takes a few days of antibiotics to clear up an ear infection.  We have never administered antibiotics to our animals because we want them antibiotic free if possible so we had no idea how we were going to accomplish this little task. Frank went up to Family Farm and Home while I researched how to administer the medicine.  Let me just say that I LOVE you tube.  You can learn how to do anything at all with videos to watch it being done.  The best video I saw was of a gentleman who grabbed the pig, straddled it and held it's snout. As soon as he got a hold of it's snout, it calmed right down and he was able to give it the shot.  I showed the video to Frank and off we went to take care of the poor little piggie.

Here is the result:


A fine job done by Farmer Frank.
He only has to do this twice more.
He is so excited!!

As you can see the poor little thing stumbles around like she is drunk.  Good thing or Frank may never have caught her. It is amazing how quickly they calm down when you grab onto their snout. Who knew??

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.