Thursday, October 16, 2014

The old runaround

Today was a busy day running errands.  Library, Pool store, Farm store, CSA and Grocery Store, Apple Orchard with a stop to see Mom in between.


We have a sick piglet.
Had a shot of penicillin today.
Hope it helps.


The day before yesterday, Frank noticed that one of our pigs was acting disoriented and thought perhaps it was blind but the more we watched her the more we didn't think that was the problem.  We called our friend, Vicki to come and take a look.  Vicki brought her sister in law, Mary, with her and they thought that the piglet was looking as if it had an ear infection.  Mary gave it a shot of penicillin and told me that if it is not showing improvement after 24 hrs. to take it in to the vet.

Today was my last CSA basket for the year.  It feels like it was a fast season this year for some reason.

I have changed my menu for today from Chicken and Dumplings to Chicken Marsala.  I am going to get cooking on it because we have choir tonight.

Hope that you all had a productive day as well.

1 comment:

  1. It is really disturbing to see her so disoriented. I hope the medicine helps.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.