Saturday, January 8, 2022

The Holidays are over, A new Healthy Dinner Recipe and the Weekly Menu is here.....

The Christmas Season ended in this household as we celebrated Little Christmas.  You can read about that in this post.  This weekend will be spent taking down all of our Christmas decorations and replacing them with Winter, Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day decor.

Shrimp Poke

We started last night and before we knew it, it was dinnertime.  We were tired, hungry and I didn't have much energy left. I wanted something quick, easy and delicious and since it is the beginning of January I also wanted it to be nutritious and healthy for us...That left out ordering in pizza LOL.
I threw together this shrimp poke (po-kay), poured us a glass of wine and decided to leave the rest of the undecorating/redecorating for today and tomorrow.

January is normally pretty quiet after the Twelfth Night celebrated on the 6th of the month.  We will be winding down and trying to get back into a "normal" routine.  Not an easy task in this household LOL.

On Friday evening we will be having our son in laws parents over for one last dinner before they head back to France.  We were only able to see them once this trip and it was on Christmas Day when things were pretty hectic.  It will be nice to just be able to sit and chat with them for a bit.

You will find the recipe for the Shrimp Poke below my Weekly Menu.  The weekly menu last week got switched up a bit so you might see repeats in this weeks meals.  What's on your menu this week?

Saturday
Asian Chicken
Rice

Sunday
Slow Cooker Goulash
Egg Noodles

Meatless Monday
SouthWestern Frittata

Taco Tuesday
Chicken Mole Tacos (moved from last week)

Wednesday
Leftovers

Thursday
Cheddar Mashed Potatoes

Friday-Dinner Party
Antipasti
Italian Bean Soup
Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna
Chocolate Cheesecake




4 comments:

  1. I love the weekly menu. Silly question on my part. Is there somewhere on your site to find the recipes for your weekly menu? Happy New Year and good health to you and your family !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, a lot of the recipes are being made to go on the blog in the future. I always mean to link to those recipes that I have made but often forget. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going back into this menu to do those links now and will try to remember in the future.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I do not to add pressure to your busy schedule. . Your weekly menu always looks terrific.

      Delete
    3. Not at all.....I'm glad for the kick in the butt, appreciate it.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.