This dish is a fun take on Shrimp Scampi. The addition of a Dark Chocolate Drizzle makes this dish feel a bit more decadent and special.
Today is Fish Friday and the final day of Chocolate Week......
Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures invited us to join her all week long in sharing Chocolate recipes. There have been some great recipes being shared. You can find them all by searching #chocolateweek on social media.
More Chocolate Recipes
- Baked Donut Recipe from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cupcakes from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Ice cream Soda from Art of Natural Living
- Cookie Dough Fudge from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Peanut Clusters from The Fresh Cooky
- Gamberi al Cioccolato from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mole Wings from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Cheesecake Pots from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cobbler from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Blogghetti
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites from Devour Dinner
- Tar Heel Brownie Pie from Palatable Pastime
- Triple Chocolate M&M Giant Heart Cookie from Magical Ingredients
Today is the final day of Chocolate Week and since it is also a Friday I wanted to find a fish/seafood recipe that used chocolate.
I found this Italian Recipe on Food Network. I also found a recipe from Italy, however it is in Italian and since I can't read Italian I went with this one. It turned out lovely and I was happy knowing that it was an actual, traditional recipe.
I wasn't sure what to serve with a Chocolate Shrimp. Should I put it over pasta? If I do should I thin out some of the chocolate and make a sauce? Should I make some homemade chocolate pasta? That seems like a lot of work and I still don't know what sauce I would use.
In the end, I roasted up some vegetables and opened up a package of Quinoa/Brown Rice mixture. It was perfect. My husband and Teen chose to have their shrimp scampi sans chocolate. Their loss....
It was so good.