Hello Sunday Funday Friends. Today we are sharing recipes to help you plan for your Chinese New Year celebration. 2022 is the Year of the Tiger so I am sharing with you Laohu Cai which translates to Tiger Vegetable.
Chinese New Year 2022 begins Tuesday, February 1st. Much like our 12 Days of Christmas the Lunar New Year is celebrated for 15 days ending with the Lantern Festival on February 15th this year.
Sue of Palatable Pastime is hosting the Sunday Funday event. I was excited when she suggested this theme because we have a Chinese daughter and have celebrated Chinese New Year since she moved in with us as a teenager 15 years ago.
I'm anxious to see what the others are sharing today. Let's take a look........
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Tiger Salad
- Making Miracles: Shrimp Cakes
- Palatable Pastime: San Choy Bow
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Chow Steak Kow (Steak Stir Fry)
- Food Lust People Love: Butter Prawns
- Mayuri’s Jikoni: Kung Pao Cauliflower
- Sneha’s Recipe: Pork Chilli With Peppers
- Sizzling Tastebuds: Instant Pot Asian Style Veg Noodles
This year we are celebrating Chinese New Year on Friday, February 4th. I will be starting dinner with this salad that was a huge hit when I served it to my brother and his wife when they joined us for dinner over the 12 Days of Christmas along with Teriyaki Ribs and Japanese Rice.
I might be changing up the menu a bit to include some of the amazing recipes that my friends are sharing today. I can't wait to try them.