Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Garlic Pull Apart Rolls #BreadBakers

Welcome back to Bread Bakers everyone.  This months theme of Garlic was chosen by Karen of Karen's Kitchen Stories in honor of National Garlic Day that is celebrated one week from today. These posts are sure to give you tons of inspiration so you can join the celebration of Garlic on April 19th.
Image result for garlic

I am a garlic fanatic.  I don't believe there is such a thing as too much garlic.  When I go to a Lebanese restaurant I could make a meal of toum and freshly baked bread. Last year, to celebrate National Garlic Day I made my own.  Needless to say, I was very excited when Karen chose this theme.

I have decided to share with you a recipe for Garlic Pull Apart Rolls that I originally found on Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen. Melissa's recipe calls for store bought frozen white dinner rolls. The last time I made dinner rolls, I made one pan to have and then I formed the rest of the dough into balls and placed them in the freezer, so this recipe caught my attention right away.

My dinner roll recipe is very easy and I have linked you to the post where you can find the recipe.  If you choose to make the dough fresh just allow it to have the first rise, punch it down, form it into balls and proceed with the directions below.  I made a lot of other adaptations to Melissa's recipe but the gist of it is the same.  I used an Italian 5 cheese blend instead of parmesan/romano mix.  I used slightly dried Gourmet Garden herbs for all listed. I omitted onion powder and added some lightly dried crushed pepper flakes. Most importantly, I used fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder.


Melt the butter and add your herbs, garlic and seasonings.


Cut the thawed or fresh balls of dough into quarters.


Toss in the butter, place into a sprayed baking pan.
Add cheese and toss again.
Cover with a damp towel and place in a warm spot to rise for 2-3 hrs.


Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.




Garlic Pull Apart Rolls
adapted from Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen

16 frozen dinner rolls, thawed or fresh dinner rolls after first rise
1 stick butter, melted
1 c. shredded 5 Italian cheese blend
2 t. lightly dried parsley
1 T. minced garlic
dash of salt
1 t. lightly dried basil
1/2 t. lightly dried chili flakes, crushed

Melt butter and place in a large bowl with the parsley, garlic, salt, basil and chili flakes.  Cut rolls into quarters.  Add to bowl and toss until completely covered.  Spread rolls into a 9x13" baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil.  Add the cheese and toss again to coat.  Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking oil.  Place in a warm, draft free area and allow to rise for 2-3 hrs.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.  Print Recipe

Here are so more great garlicky breads!!

BreadBakers #BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.

23 comments:

  1. Lovely recipe. I love all the garlic you have got into this pull apart bread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH!!! Can I just reach in there and take a piece? This sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like garlic a lot, Love the way the pull apart bread turned out........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree- there is no such thing as too much garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an easy and delicious way to make pull apart breads! I love garlic in all forms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so irresistible Wendy, wish I could pull one apart and bite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy Wendy. Love the basil and chili flakes addition to the garlic. Delicious combo. I will give this a go. Thank you for remembering Daddy in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Georgina. I miss my Pops every single day and am so happy that I got to spend so much time with him while he was here.

      Delete
  8. Wow Wendy. What a easy peasy recipe to make these pull apart rolls. Adding garlic, basil and chili flakes makes them soooo delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never enough garlic!! ;) Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious looking buns, garlic with a combination of cheese and herbs must be tasting great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Garlic is the best,and in homemade bread just delicious! My bread group closed, may look into this one :-) Hope you are having a great weekend Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love for you to join us Evelyne. This is a great group of bloggers.

      Delete
  12. Wendy, that bread looks so yummy, I could just dig in right now.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.