Friday, July 1, 2016

Rose and Ginger Cupcakes for the Final Day of #CookoutWeek

Welcome to the final day of this fun little event called #CookoutWeek.  I want to send a huge thank you to Allison, Jessica and Sharon of  The Pintertest Kitchen for hosting and inviting me to take part. I have had a lot of fun and I hope that you, my readers and friends, have as well.


There is still time for you to enter the huge giveaway from our sponsors.  You can do so by going to my Welcome Post where you will find a complete listing of our sponsors and a description of the prizes that they provided for the raffle.  I cannot speak for all of the sponsors but I was lucky enough to receive products from Swine Dining and True Made Foods.  I received no monetary compensation and was asked for nothing in return except my honest opinion.  You can find that opinion in the posts containing recipes for Jamaican Me Hungry Muffins, Dilled Cole Slaw and True Made Rootbeer Pulled Pork.


I am so happy with the dessert I am sharing with you today.  It is a beautiful and elegant ending to a casual party.  Kind of like wearing pearls with your jeans, which I have been known to do.


The cupcakes are tender and  flavored with a touch of ginger.  The frosting is your basic cream cheese frosting tinted pink and I made the Sugared Rose Petals for an upcoming event, Unearthed, that I will be sharing with you on Tuesday.


I think these cupcakes would be lovely to serve at a wedding or baby shower.  The ginger cupcakes frosted with a hint of rose was absolutely mouth watering.  The flavors played off so well together.  I wasn't surprised because, after all, the inspiration came from this recipe by Martha Stewart.


Please make sure you stop by and take a look at what my fellow bloggers are sharing on this final day of #CookoutWeek.  I will be here tomorrow with my Weekly Menu.  Look forward to seeing you then.

Rose and Ginger Cupcakes
inspired by Martha Stewart

Cake:
1 1/2 c flour
1 T. ground ginger
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
3/4 c. milk

Frosting:
1/4 c. butter, room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
2 c. powdered sugar, sifted
1 t. milk
1/4 t. rose water
pink gel food coloring
Sugared rose petals for garnish

In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until pale. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until light and fluffy.  Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk and ending with the flour until combined.

Divide between 18 muffin/cupcake tins that have been lined with paper cups, filling each about halfway.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the center removes cleanly.  Let cool in tin on wire rack for 15 minutes, remove cupcakes from tin to wire rack and let cool completely.

For frosting:

Cream together the cream cheese and butter in the small bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.  Add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing until smooth and creamy and adding the milk, if needed, for desired consistency.  Whisk in the rose water and food coloring needed for desired hue.  

Frost completely cooled cupcakes and garnish with sugared rose petals.  Keep refrigerated until serving.   Print Recipe

I'm sure everyone finished up with a bang...Let's check em out!









6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cupcakes. I've worn pearls with jeans too!! So risky, aren't we? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to wear pearls when you eat cupcakes topped with sugared rose petals. So fancy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever even seen sugared rose petals before, but they make these cupcakes so pretty! :] Alllllmost too pretty to eat. <3

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.