Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Sermons....

Good Sunday Morning all.   I hope the sun is shining wherever you are.  Here in my little town in Michigan the sun is trying to peek through the storm clouds.

I'm not really going to sermonize you this morning but I am going to share, once again, how easy I am finding this new eating plan.  Of course, Phase 3, which includes the weekend, is the easiest but that is when we want the most freedom anyway, right?


I just wanted to share with you what I enjoyed for breakfast this morning.  A toasted slice of sprouted grain bread, smothered with sauteed onion and spinach, topped with a perfectly over easy fried egg. Can you say OH MY YUM!!!  I also had some sweet cherries as a side.  Life was very good this morning.

I am sharing this as Frank is showering so that we can go to 9:30 Mass.  I will have a snack of hummus and mini sweet peppers before we head out the door.  When we get home I am lunching on leftover Snail Pilaf and then we are heading out to Frankenmuth.  Our kids are set up at a craft show there, selling their Petoskey and Pine line of Artisanal bath products.  We will show them some support, walk around the craft show and hopefully take them to dinner after their done if they haven't made other plans.  We haven't told them we were coming so they may not be available for dinner.

Either way it should be a good day as the sun is supposed to be shining there in Frankenmuth.

Spinach Toast with Egg

1 slice bread (I used sprouted grain), toasted
1 T. sweet onion, diced
1 large handful baby spinach 
3 t. olive oil, divided
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium skillet, over medium heat, sautee the onion in 2 t. of oil until translucent.  Add a large handful of washed baby spinach to the onion in the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until wilted.  Place spinach mixture on the toasted bread.

Add another teaspoon of oil to the skillet and return to the burner over medium heat.  Crack an egg into a custard cup and carefully pour it into the hot oil. Season the egg with salt and pepper and cook until nearly set on top.  Carefully flip the egg, to cook the top side, only a moment or two.  Flip onto the spinach mixture. Print Recipe

3 comments:

  1. That spinach toast sounds delicious! :]! I need to go get more eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farrah....I forget how lucky I am to just have to walk into the back yard to the chicken coop for eggs.

      Delete
    2. I supersuper miss the farm-fresh eggs I used to get at my friend's place! *-*

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.