Sunday, July 24, 2016

Final Day of Week 1 and a Recipe to Share

Today is the final day of Phase 3 and Week 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet.  If you linked back to see what the heck I'm talking about you may also be interested in my update and Weekly Menu for this week.  You will see that I had originally planned on Hamburgers for dinner tonight because I wasn;t sure how many people would be coming by to say goodbye to my brother and his family who are visiting from California and leaving in the morning.  Yes, I am allowed hamburgers.  I would have had mine on a sprouted grain English Muffin or I could have it without a bun.  Unfortunately, or fortunately since we really needed it, storms were expected throughout the day so I decided to throw a beef roast in the crockpot and let it cook away until dinner time.  I was content knowing that there would be plenty of food and if we had leftovers they would not go to waste.

If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen my post last week about receiving this gift box of seasoned salts from Rolling Rock Farm.  They sent this gift box to each blogger that partook in the Unearthed Party.  There was no expectation from Rolling Rock to be advertised on our blogs but I thought since I was using Tony's Tremendous Topping seasoning salt, I would give them a shout out and thank them publicly for the gift.

Back to dinner......I went into my freezer and pulled out a sirloin tip roast.  Put it in my crockpot, frozen, along with some veggies and vegetable stock.  I add the Tony's Tremendous Topping, some chili pepper paste I had been gifted by Gourmet Garden and some True Made Veracha Sauce that was sent to me for #Cookout Week .  Set the cook time for 8 hrs on high (since it was frozen) and forgot about it.   I want to say that although Gourmet Garden and True Made are not sponsoring this post, they have been invaluable to me for this eating plan.  When you are cutting down on sugar and processed foods it is nice to have natural products in your refrigerator to which you can turn.  The True Made Ketchup is especially a blessing because in contains nothing except fresh veggies and it is delicious so I can enjoy it when I do have those burgers I was talking about earlier.



After 1 full week, I am 6 lbs lighter than when I started and can honestly say that this is a very easy eating plan to follow.  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.

Sirloin Tip Roast

1 (4 lb) Sirloin Tip Roast
1 red pepper, cored and large diced
1 green pepper, cored and large diced
8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 Vidalia onion, sliced
salt, pepper, garlic and herbs to taste ( I used Tony's Tremendous Topping)
1/2 t. chili pepper paste (I used Gourmet Garden)
2 T. Hot Sauce (I used True Made Veracha Sauce)
2 c. vegetable stock

Place all ingredients into a slow cooker.  Cook on low heat for 8-10 hrs.  Print Recipe

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. That is wonderful how the companies send you good things to try!! Those spices sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. Made an open faced sandwich for lunch with the leftovers. YUM

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.