Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Doughnut Trifle for #FoodieExtravaganza

July has arrived and that means it's time for another #FoodieExtravaganza!

Each month we take turns hosting and selecting a foodie holiday associated with that month. Somehow, in all the planning, July was overlooked so, in the second half of June,  Lauren of From Gate to Plate  stepped up to the plate and invited us to celebrate the doughnut.

If anyone is keeping score, National Doughnut Day is actually the first Friday in June, but none of us are complaining.  We are excited to be celebrating one of America's favorite treats today. July is National Culinary Arts month so we can just go with that or we could go with National Junk Food day which is celebrated this month as well.

I, personally, was way to busy with selling my house and celebrating the 4th of July to keep score. Heck, I didn't even keep track, and the next thing I knew it was the evening of Independence Day. My company had departed, the house was back in order and I sat down on my computer and turned to facebook.  What did I find?  The notice from Foodie Extravaganza that the list of recipes was ready to import into our blogs!!!  Did I panic??  Well just a little....



Luckily, the dish I had scheduled to make used prepared doughnuts.  In fact, it uses prepared everything.  Only 3 ingredients and easy to prepare so it was just a matter of running to the store the next morning, grabbing the few groceries needed and enjoying an unexpected weeknight dessert.  I have had worse tragedies in my life....believe you me!


Now if you have time and want to use homemade ingredients, all the better.  But if time sneaks away from you this is a perfect recipe....Yep.....Easy, Peasy and Delicious.


Leaving you with more time for the important things in life....Like helping color your cement pig with chalk!!


Doughnut Trifle

1 small doughnut per serving
1 single serving container prepared pudding per serving
1/2 c. Cool Whip per serving

Cut up doughnut into bite size pieces.  Place half the doughnut in the bottom of a single serving glass container (I used stemless wine glasses). Cover with half the pudding and half the Cool Whip.  Repeat.  Chill until ready to serve.  Print Recipe

More Creative Doughnuts





Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.

11 comments:

  1. What a great transformation for a donut! These would work great for day old donuts that don't get ate as soon as they come out of the grease :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and innovative way of serving a donut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how easy this is to put together! Definitely perfect for the sudden craving or company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea and a very tasty dessert! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a creative idea at using up doughnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my grandkids would love these. Perfect for the kids. So smart. I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three ingredients to a fabulous dessert! Who could complain?!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.