Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Dilled ColeSlaw for #CookoutWeek

Welcome to Day 2 of #Cookout Week.  Today I am featuring another great product from Swine Dining.  Swine dining is a barbecue restaurant located in Erie, PA and they have recently branched out to offer their spice mixes that are so popular in the restaurant.  You can learn more about them on their facebook page and you can purchase their products in their Etsy Shop.


#CookoutWeek is hosted by The PinterTest Kitchen.  They came up with this great idea, found fellow bloggers to join in the fun, rounded up sponsors to provide the bloggers with great products and our readers with this wonderful prize package and took care of all the administrative duties.  These ladies do all of this out of the goodness of their hearts to spread love to fellow bloggers and our followers. May all their good works come back to them tenfold.


Disclosure: I received free products from sponsors for this event.  I did not receive any monetary compensation. I was not asked or required to use the products for this event.  I chose to use this product for recipe development.  All opinions are 100% truthful and 100% my own. 

Today's recipe is the perfect accompaniment to whatever you have on the grill, from steaks to hotdogs to fish to chicken to portabellas, this slaw will fit right in.  


I made a typical coleslaw dressing from mayo and apple cider vinegar but instead of my normal seasonings I used Swine Dining Dilly Dust.  The dilly dust came in a plain container with no ingredients listed.  The folks at Swine Dining hadn't gotten that far in their production yet but wanted to get the product to us in time for #CookoutWeek. 



 I tasted the dust and found that it was salted so I didn't add any additional salt, just some fresh ground pepper, a little sugar and the dilly dust.  When I tasted it, I couldn't think of anything that could improve the flavor....it was perfect.


I whisked the dressing together and then added the slaw mix.  I bought premade mix in the interest of saving time since my food processor is one of the small appliances already packed away for the move.  I tossed until the vegetables were covered with the dressing and then garnished the slaw with some sliced scallions.  I think that I have found a new coleslaw recipe for this household.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Dilled ColeSlaw

1/2 c mayonnaise
2 T. apple cider vinegar
1 t. milk
1 T. sugar
1/2 T. Dilly Dust (you can substitute with dried dill and salt to taste)
fresh ground pepper to taste
6 c. shredded coleslaw mix
2 scallions, sliced, for garnish, if desired.

Whisk together the mayo, vinegar, milk, sugar, dilly dust and pepper in a large bowl.  Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat.  Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with scallions if desired. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.  Print Recipe

Make sure you take a look at what the rest of the Cookout Crew is sharing today






12 comments:

  1. What a perfect refreshing side dish for any cook out - that dilly dust sounds like a fantastic seasoning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dill. I usually use it on my cottage cheese. I am going to make this cole slaw. Sounds really good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the addition of dill to the coleslaw. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

      Delete
  3. My family would go nuts for this! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the name "Dilly Dust"! What a great event. I'm sure there will be lots of cole slaw around this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm..... that sounds (and looks) delicious! I would have never thought of a dilled cole slaw! The Dilly Dust name is really cute! I checked out their facebook page - thanks for introducing us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Vickie and I don't know why I didn't think of adding dill to my coleslaw before now. It is truly awesome.

      Delete
  6. Just love that name-dilly dust! I also love cole slaw. What a great way to jazz it up!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.