Friday, July 8, 2016

Awesome News and Awesome Cookies

Our house went up for sale on June 6th.  As July approached and we still hadn't gotten a bite, we started to get concerned because the purchase agreement on the house we are buying expires on the 16th of this month, so we decided to hold an open house.

When staging the house I knew I wanted some yummy smells to greet the prospects as they walked in the door so I decided to bake.  While trying to decide what I should bake, I came across a post by my friend, Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures, that contained Patriotic Desserts.  One of the recipes was her Best Cookies Ever that she decorated with Red, White and Blue M&M's.

I decided to adapt that recipe into another using ingredients that I had on hand.  I changed the sugar/brown sugar ratio because I only had 2/3 cup of brown in my cupboard.  I used regular size chocolate chips instead of minis, peanut butter chips instead of Reese pieces and I only used 1/3 c. of the mini M&M's.  


I set them out next to the flyers on the house and some napkins.  We had over 9 families walk through our home.  Most of them helped themselves to the cookies as they toured the house.  I can't give these awesome cookies the credit for the offers we recieved......I am giving that credit to the St. Joseph statue that we buried upside down in our garden.....but I am sure that the cookies didn't hurt.

After the open house, we joined our friends, the Benda's, for an evening cruise down the river on their boat.  They provided subs for dinner.  Frank made up a pitcher of Rum Punch and I brought some of the cookies.  Their granddaughter, Angel, took a bite of the cookie, broke into a huge smile and said "This is the best homemade cookie I have ever had".  That is high praise indeed....Thanks Amy, I am naming my cookies after you.

Amy's Awesome Cookies
adapted from Amy's Cooking Adventures

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. white sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
2 ¼ c. all purpose flour
2/3 c. chocolate chips
1/3 c. mini M&Ms
1/3 c. peanut butter chips

Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the pudding mix and mix until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each. Stir in the vanilla.

Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the baking soda, salt, and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and M&M's. Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, drop the cookies onto baking sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.  Print Recipe


6 comments:

  1. So, did you accept an offer?? Cookies look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, inspection is on Tuesday and they have 30 days from today to sell their house. Ours will remain on the market until they sell.

      Delete
    2. YAY. That was really fast!!

      Delete
    3. Yes, houses are moving quickly in Michigan right now.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy your open house was successful! I love that that cookie recipe is so adaptable! Your version looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.