Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Banana Fritters #EattheWorld

 These Banana Fritters are a wonderful breakfast, snack or even dessert.  A different way to use up some of those overripe bananas on your counter.

Banana Fritters

We are traveling to Jamaica today with the Eat The World group.......

eat the world logo


Check out all the wonderful Jamaican dishes prepared by fellow Eat the World members and share with #eattheworld. Click here to find out how to join and have fun exploring a country a month in the kitchen with us! 

Banana Fritters pin

I found the recipe for these Banana Fritters at a blog I came across called My Forking Life.  That name made me laugh out loud.  Thanks Tanya.  

Tanya calls this recipe Quick and Easy Jamaican Banana Fritters.  I followed her recipe, using bananas that I had put in the freezer when they got over ripe.  If you are using bananas that are not already mushy and liquidy you may need to mash them before combining all the other ingredients.  I used my kitchen aid to mix the batter and I sprinkled my fritters with cinnamon sugar as they came out of the frying oil.


Fritters, Donuts, Breakfast, Snacks, Desserts
Breads, Breakfast, Snacks, Desserts
Jamaican
Yield: 6 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Print
Banana Fritters

Banana Fritters

These Banana Fritters are a wonderful breakfast, snack or even dessert.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 15 Min

Ingredients

  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg
  • 3 T. brown sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 c. flour
  • oil for frying 
  • cinnamon sugar for sprinkling

Instructions

  1. Place the bananas, mashing if necessary, in the large bowl of a stand mixer.  Add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and flour.  
  2. Mix on low until combined.
  3. Heat about an inch of oil in a skillet over med high heat.  Drop the batter by spoonfuls into the oil and cook until golden brown on the bottom and bubbly on top.  Flip and brown other side.  
  4. Place onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while still hot.

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe by My Forking Life.

Calories

282.58

Fat (grams)

2.84

Sat. Fat (grams)

0.29

Carbs (grams)

64.28

Fiber (grams)

4.99

Net carbs

59.29

Sugar (grams)

37.79

Protein (grams)

3.02

Sodium (milligrams)

25.45

Cholesterol (grams)

0.00
Created using The Recipes Generator

13 comments:

  1. These banana fritters are such a simple, delicious, snack/dessert, with wonderful flavors! I love that you can also have it at breakfast, since it's fruit, right ;-) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet these were a great little snack/dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, now I have more to do with overripe bananas than just banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you had a little taste of my island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bananas is one fruit I really enjoy eating, anything made from it I love. These fritters are so delicious, a perfect evening snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who doesn't love a deep-fried ball of deliciousness? My mouth is watering already! I love this simple idea for using up bananas. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh fried bites of yumm... everything about this says comfort food!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.