Thursday, November 19, 2020

Peanut Butter, Nutella and Banana Bundt #BundtBakers

This cake is loaded with nutty flavors.  Delicious banana cake flavored with both peanuts and hazelnuts.  

Woman with Birthday Cake

I served this up as a Birthday Cake for my neighbor........
I am hosting Bundt Bakers this month.  As November is National Peanut Butter Month I asked them to share a Peanut Butter recipe, however being mindful of allergies I extended it to include any kind of Nut Butter.

Let's take a look at what they went nuts with.......


BundtBakers

#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. 

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.


Peanut Butter, Nutella and Banana Bundt

My nieghbors birthday falls on Halloween.  Halloween is pretty quiet here in the country.  Our little town of 4000 people does do an annual event where there is a huge bonfire, hot dogs, hot chocolate and Trunk or Treat.  This is a nice event but we don't have any little ghosts or goblins so we don't normally attend and no little monsters come begging at our door.

This year, when it seemed the pandemic may have been slowing down, the town still held the event but with social distancing and masks in place.  Now we are seeing that perhaps we let our guards down too soon as this virus rears it's ugly head again.

My neighbor is having an especially hard time during this pandemic.  She ended up having to put her mother into a nursing home with dementia.  This is hard enough to do at any time, I can't imagine how hard it is when you are unable to even visit with your loved one that you had to place into residence.

Peanut Butter, Nutella and Banana Bundt


So with this in mind, I decided to have our closest neighbors over for a birthday dinner on Halloween Night.  It was a fun get together and I'm glad we did it when the getting was good because now it looks like we are all on lockdown mode again.  

As sometimes happens around here, I got busy and forgot to take a photo of the cake before I served it to my guests.  So I'm making do with what I have but you can take my word for it that it was gorgeous.

*****One final note.  This recipe makes a lot of batter.  I had enough for two regular size bundts.  I only made one large bundt and still had a ton of batter left over.  






Desserts, Cakes, Bundts,
Dessserts
American
Yield: 16 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Print
Peanut Butter, Nutella and Banana Bundt Cake

Peanut Butter, Nutella and Banana Bundt Cake

This cake is loaded with nutty flavors. Delicious banana cake flavored with both peanuts and hazelnuts.
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 1 H & 30 MTotal time: 1 H & 45 M

Ingredients

  • 3 sticks butter, room temperature
  • 1 c. smooth peanut butter, divided
  • 2 3/4 c. sugar
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
  • 3 c. flour
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 c. Nutella, divided

Instructions

  1. In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup of the peanut butter until combined.
  2. Beat in the sugar until light and airy.  Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.  Stir in the vanilla and mashed banana.
  3. Add the flour and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated.  
  4. Pour half of the batter into a large bundt pan that has been treated with baking spray.  Drop dollops of Nutella over the batter, using 1/2 a cup and reserving the othe half.  Swirl the nutella throughout the batter with a butter knife.
  5. Pour the remaining batter on top and bake in a preheated 325* oven for 75-90 minutes, until a skewer inserted removes cleanly.
  6. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.    When completely cooled transfer to a cake plate.  Microwave the remaing Nutella and Peanut Butter in 10 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.  Drizzle over the cake as a glaze.

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe found at Buns in my Oven.

Calories

558.57

Fat (grams)

29.64

Sat. Fat (grams)

16.50

Carbs (grams)

69.02

Fiber (grams)

2.76

Net carbs

66.26

Sugar (grams)

45.37

Protein (grams)

7.08

Sodium (milligrams)

364.88

Cholesterol (grams)

45.55
Nutritional info for one full loaf of bread.
Created using The Recipes Generator

6 comments:

  1. Those flavors sound perfect together!! I adore PB & banana - I can just imagine how moist this was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nice celebration with your friends and the Bundt so delicious.
    Two flavors that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks delicious! I love nutella and peanut butter on the cake! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.