An easy Thai inspired dish that is perfect for a quick Meatless Monday meal using ingredients you probably have on hand.
The members of Foodie Extravaganza are celebrating National Peanut Butter Month......
Rebekah of Making Miracles invited us to join her in sharing recipes containing peanut butter today. Some may use other nut butters if they, or a family member, have peanut allergies. Let's see what everyone cooked up......
- Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken by Making Miracles
- Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Lamb Kofta Curry Bowls by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chip Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Peanutty Ginger Pasta by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Lime Peanut Chicken by Food Lust People Love
- Vegan & Gluten Free Peanut Butter Fried Brown Rice by Sneha's Recipe
The deliciousness of this one pot pasta meal comes from the peanut butter and ginger sauce. You can use any pasta you want. I used a brown rice penne so this recipe is gluten free. You can use any vegetables that you want. I tried to make mine colorful. Always striving to eat that rainbow.
Since I was using brown rice pasta, I also used liquid aminos instead of soy sauce so that this meal is easily shared with anyone that has gluten intolerance. If this doesn't concern you feel free to use regular pasta of your choice and soy sauce in place of the liquid aminos.
Peanutty Ginger Pasta
- zest and juice of one lime
- 2 T. liquid aminos
- 2 t. water
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 1/3 c. peanut butter
- 2 t. ginger paste
- 2 t. garlic paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb. brown rice penne noodles
- 2 c. chopped broccoli
- 1 lg. carrot, shredded
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta per package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together the lime zest and juice, liquid aminos, oil, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When pasta and broccoli are cooked, drain and place into a large serving bowl. Add the carrot and red pepper along with the peanutty ginger sauce. Toss to coat completely and serve while still hot.
Sat. Fat (grams)2.62