Monday, November 30, 2020

Knives Out; The Round-Up #FoodnFlix

food n flix logo
Welcome to the Food n Flix November Round-up.  I asked the others to join me in watching Knives Out.   Let's take a look at how they liked the film and what they were inspired to make........

First up this month was Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla.  Cam posted on the 2nd of the month and shared these amazing Boiled Cider Buttermilk Doughnut Holes.

knives out dvd with donuts

Cam was inspired to make these incredible donuts by the speech given by Private Investigator Blanc in which he says:
"I spoke in the car about the hole at the center of this doughnut . And yes, what you and Harlan did that fateful night seems at first glance to fill that hole perfectly. A doughnut hole in the doughnut's hole. But we must look a little closer. And when we do, we see that the doughnut hole has a hole in its center. It is not a doughnut hole at all, but a smaller doughnut with its own hole. And our doughnut is not whole at all!" 

I love the inspiration she found and the recipe she shares.  I'm glad you enjoyed the film Cam. 


Knives out movie cover with beans and sausage pin

I was the next to post, mid month.  I made Beans and Sausage, inspired by a restaurant scene with the victim's grandson, Ransom, and the victim's nurse, Marta.  

breakfast plate

Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures was next to join in the fun.  She made Bangers and Baked Beans.  She was inspired by the same scene in the film that inspired my recipe.  Great minds!!! 

I was happy to see that Amy enjoyed the movie saying "I absolutely loved the movie. It was a quirky, weird (in a good way) mystery, reminiscent of the 80’s film, Clue. Plus it was very well cast. Being me, I don’t remember the names of any of the actors or characters, but suffice to say, I enjoyed it thoroughly."

donuts

Debra of Eliot's Eats joined in right before Thanksgiving with these perfect and seasonal Pumpkin Donuts, inspired by the same lines that inspired Cam.

Debra loved the movie and I loved the description in her printable recipe that reads "These are great for fall or your next family reunion or will reading".  That started my morning off with a chuckle.  Thanks Debra.

donuts

I was very excited when I got an email from Caroline of Caroline Makes for this month's Food n Flix. Caroline has been on sabbatical since becoming a Mom, but she is back and we are happy.

Caroline made up some Lotus Biscoff Donuts to share with us today.  She, too, was inspired by that same speech.  I'm starting to think I need to watch this film again to try to figure out how I missed that entire scene!!

donut holes

Radha of Magical Ingredients didn't make the whole donut, she just made the donut holes.  Radha was not only inspired by Detective Blanc's speech but also by Ransom noshing on some Biscoff cookies.  These gorgeous Biscoff Donut Holes are egg free.  Aren't they lovely?

croissant french toast

Coming in right under the wire is our administrator of FoodnFlix, Heather of All Roads Lead to the Kitchen.  Heather posted this gorgeous Croissant French Toast Casserole on instagram.

Heather pulled her inspiration from the opening scene where the housekeeper is carrying a tray of croissants and fresh berries.

The Holiday movie cover

So that's a wrap for November's FoodnFlix.  Next month Debra of Eliot's Eats has invited us to join her in watching The Holiday.  Please join us.  



4 comments:

  1. Great post -- and great film. I saw it long ago (I know this because it was in a theater!) I just loved it, and noticed that there were several eating scenes.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae, I didn't get out to see it in the theater though I had wanted to.

      Delete
  2. So, so much fun, Wendy! I feel like this could be a holiday family tradition (in a quirky weird way). I'm putting it in my holiday movie queue with the likes of Elf and A Christmas Story! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun movie. We watched The Holiday on Thanksgiving Night and I made my recipe today.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.