Each month we take turns hosting and selecting a foodie holiday associated with that month. Somehow, in all the planning, July was overlooked so, in the second half of June, Lauren of From Gate to Plate stepped up to the plate and invited us to celebrate the doughnut.
If anyone is keeping score, National Doughnut Day is actually the first Friday in June, but none of us are complaining. We are excited to be celebrating one of America's favorite treats today. July is National Culinary Arts month so we can just go with that or we could go with National Junk Food day which is celebrated this month as well.
I, personally, was way to busy with selling my house and celebrating the 4th of July to keep score. Heck, I didn't even keep track, and the next thing I knew it was the evening of Independence Day. My company had departed, the house was back in order and I sat down on my computer and turned to facebook. What did I find? The notice from Foodie Extravaganza that the list of recipes was ready to import into our blogs!!! Did I panic?? Well just a little....
Luckily, the dish I had scheduled to make used prepared doughnuts. In fact, it uses prepared everything. Only 3 ingredients and easy to prepare so it was just a matter of running to the store the next morning, grabbing the few groceries needed and enjoying an unexpected weeknight dessert. I have had worse tragedies in my life....believe you me!
Now if you have time and want to use homemade ingredients, all the better. But if time sneaks away from you this is a perfect recipe....Yep.....Easy, Peasy and Delicious.
Leaving you with more time for the important things in life....Like helping color your cement pig with chalk!!
1 small doughnut per serving
1 single serving container prepared pudding per serving
1/2 c. Cool Whip per serving
Cut up doughnut into bite size pieces. Place half the doughnut in the bottom of a single serving glass container (I used stemless wine glasses). Cover with half the pudding and half the Cool Whip. Repeat. Chill until ready to serve. Print Recipe
More Creative Doughnuts
- 15 Minute Funnel Cakes by From Gate to Plate
- Gluten-Free Matcha Doughnuts - Three Ways! by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Raspberry Cookies n Cream Baked Doughnuts by Baking in Pyjamas
- Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts by Making Miracles
- Chocolate Snickerdoodle Doughnuts by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Baked S'mores Doughnuts by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Strawberry Shortcake Donut Tarts by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Cake Mix Donuts by I'm Hungry
- Doughnut Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Watermelon Doughnuts by The Freshman Cook
- Baked Cherry Lemon Donuts by Caroline's Cooking
- Orange Glace Donuts by Basic N Delicious
- Medhu Vada - Savory Lentil Doughnut by Sneha's Recipe