Courtesy of Google Images
I chose to use honey as my sweetener in this bread that I adapted from one found on Taste of Home. I get my honey locally from my friend, Kim, usually but last year was a bad year for her hives so I am hoarding what little I have left. However, whenever we go to Florida we stop at a local produce market where they sell Tangerine Honey and stock up. This honey is delicious with just a hint of tangerine flavor. We love to have it on toast in the mornings so when I saw this recipe for bread I decided to use the tangerine honey for proofing the yeast.
The results were amazing. This bread was perfect for toasting and serving with additional tangerine honey. It was also awesome piled with ham salad as a sandwich. Of course, most of it was just cut, slathered with butter and enjoyed.
Tangerine Honey White Bread
adapted from Taste of Home
1 (.25 oz) pkg Active Dry Yeast
1 1/4 c. warmed milk (110-115*)
3 T. Tangerine Honey
2 T. butter, melted
1 t. salt
3 1/2- 41/2 c. flour
Dissolve yeast in warm milk in large bowl of stand mixer for 5 minutes. Add the honey, butter, salt and 3 c. of the flour. Attach dough hook and mix on low speed until smooth. Add additional flour, half cup at a time, until the dough is soft and coming together. Knead on med low speed for 5-7 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Form dough into a ball and place into a bowl that has been treated with cooking spray, turning once to coat all sides of the dough. Cover with a warm, damp towel and allow to rise until doubled, approx. 1 hr.
Punch down dough and form into a loaf. Place dough in a loaf pan that has been treated with cooking spray, cover again with a warm, damp towel and allow to rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Print Recipe
More Breads with Natural Sweeteners
- Blackberries and Honey Bread by Kidsandchic
- Cheddar Honey Flowers by Ambrosia
- Date and Chai Muffins by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Date Sweetened Banana Bread by Herbivore Cucina
- Eggless Banana Chocochip Bread with Cranberries and Coconut Sugar by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Eggless Carrot Coconut Quick Bread by Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Eggless Wholewheat Maple Banana Oat Muffins by Spill the Spices
- Einkorn Drop Biscuits with Peaches and Blueberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- English Granary-Style No Knead Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Grape Bread by The Bread She Bakes
- Healthy Banana & Blueberry Bread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Honey Almond Banana Muffins by Baking Yummies
- Honey Cider Quick Loaf by Food Lust People Love
- Honey Cornbread by Magnolia Days
- Honey Oat Pain de Mie by Hostess At Heart
- Honey Pineapple Pull-Apart Rolls by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Jackfruit Honey Bread by The Schizo Chef
- Jackfruit Semolina Muffins with Jaggery by My Cooking Journey
- Mangalore Buns by Sneha's Recipe
- Maple Bacon Cheddar & Pickle Pull-Apart Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Maple Pecan Scones by Cook's Hideout
- Maple Oatmeal Bread by A Baker's House
- Pain au Levian avec Banane by What Smells So Good?
- Tangerine Honey White Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.