Sunday, December 14, 2014

More Whining and the Weekly Menu

Well, I have been telling you all week about the debacles going on here in this house while we are getting ready for Mom's 94th Birthday party which is also our annual Santa party with all the great grandkids.

Now you might think that nothing else could possibly go wrong...Right?  WRONG...

So yesterday morning as Frank was continuing to string the new lights on the tree, I went down to the basement to start decorating and preparing for the party. Bent over to pick something up and BANG out went my hip.  Could the timing be any worse??

Don't feel bad for me though...spend all your sympathy on poor Frank who then had to carry my load as well as his own.  He is the greatest guy in the world.  The tree is up and decorated, the upstairs is completely finished.  I was able to get Mom's cake and cupcakes baked but not a whole lot more than that.

We went to Mass at 4 and then out to dinner with John, Kirsten and our friend Steve who just happens to be a chiropractor.  We bought him dinner and then he gave me a much needed adjustment. He was able to get some movement in my hip but not much.  It is pretty swollen and tight.  So while it is better and not spasming any more, I am still not moving easily or quickly.

I have been up since 4 am after a very restless night because I couldn't get comfortable.  I got Mom's cake glazed and was going to frost the cupcakes but there is no butter in the fridge.  I have butter in the chest freezer in the garage but I can't dig through it to find the butter so it will have to wait for Frank to awaken.  In the meantime, I have put together my salads and the baked beans.  The potatoes need to wait for butter as well.

Okay, enough with the whining and pity party...Everything will get done and be fine.  Anything that doesn't get done will go unnoticed by anyone else but Frank and I anyway.  Let's get on with the Weekly Menu.  Please stop back each day for photos and recipes.  I promise not to keep whining with each post.  You will also want to stop by MPM for more great menu ideas.  Menu planning will help keep you sane during this busy time of year.




Saturday
Out for dinner after Mass

Sunday-Mom's Birthday Party
Baked Ham
Cheezy Potatoes
Baked Beans 
Broccoli Salad
Peas and Peanuts

Meatless Monday
Vegetable Quesadillas

Try it Tuesday
Turkey Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet and Sour Cabbage

Wednesday
Stew
Biscuits

Thursday
Chicken Cacciatore (moved from last week)
Pasta
Salad

Fish Friday
Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
Steamed Rice




2 comments:

  1. Oh Wendy...you need my hugs and my prayers! This is got to turn around for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will Paula....I keep telling myself this too shall pass....thanks for the hugs and prayers...I can already feel them working.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.