Wednesday, December 3, 2014

#Foodie Extravaganza--Gingerbread Eggnog Cups

Welcome to the December Foodie Extravaganza!  Where we all share delicious recipes with the same main ingredient.  
Our challenge for this month's Foodie Extravaganza was to make a recipe that incorporated Eggnog.

It didn't take me long to find a recipe with eggnog that I wanted to make.  There were tons of them that popped up during a google search but this one in particular caught my eye.  It combines the spicy goodness of gingerbread with eggnog and white chocolate.....Are you drooling yet??

I found it at Delish.com where it is called Santa's Eggnog Cups.  They were submitted to Quick and Simple by LaRae Brodowy, who won the cookie contest for which she made them.   I am not saving any for Santa so I changed the name to Gingerbread Eggnog Cups but everything else is exactly the same.  One thing I want to mention is that I had tons of filling left.  I think that the next time I make them I will only use 1/2 c. eggnog and 1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips for the filling. I did print the recipe as written though.

I am going to share all these delicious recipes at Wednesday Whatsits as well.  Tis the season of  giving after all.


I served these at my grand-daughter's Christening party and they were a big hit!


Gingerbread Eggnog Cups
originally Santa's Eggnog Cups from Quick and Simple Staff

1 c. unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 c brown sugar (I used dark brown because it was what I had on hand)
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. molasses
3 c. flour
1/4 c. cold water
1 c. eggnog
3 c. white chocolate chips
freshly ground nutmeg for garnish if desired

Place the first 7 ingredients into the large bowl of stand mixer affixed with paddle attachment and beat at med high speed until blended.  Reduce speed to low and add the molasses and flour, mixing until just combined.  Add the water and beat until incorporated.  Divide the dough in half. Flatten into 2 round discs.  Wrap each disc in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.

Spray mini muffin pans with baking spray and preheat oven to 350*,  Remove one disc of cookie dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface.  Flour your rolling pin and roll the dough to about 1/8" thickness.  Cut dough into circles using a 2" round cookie cutter.  Gently ease the dough rounds into the muffin cups and press down to form a cup shape.  Bake 10-12 minutes.  Cool in pan on wire racks before removing them to a parchment lined counter. Repeat process with the second disc of cookie dough.

In a saucepan, over med high heat, bring eggnog to a slow boil.  Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips until smooth and creamy. Allow to cool slightly and transfer to a large zip top bag.  Remove air from bag and snip off corner.  Pipe filling into the cookie cups and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.  Allow filling to set before serving.  Store in an airtight container (single layer) in the refrigerator.  Print Recipe

This month the ingredient is Eggnog!  These yummy recipes will be the perfect thing to bring to your family gatherings and work parties this holiday season.  If you would like to participate in the next Foodie Extravaganza, just go to the Facebook page to join.  We would love to have you!



Nutty Nog Caramels - Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Eggnog Rice Pudding - The Joyful Foodie 
Peppermint Eggnog Hot Chocolate - Trial and Eater
Eggnog Chocolate Chip Cake - Fearlessly Creative Mamas
Eggnog Cookies - Sew You Think You Can Cook
Fruity Eggnog Bread Pudding - Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Chewy Eggnog Cookies - We Like to Learn as We Go
Eggnog Waffles and Syrup - Making Miracles
Eggnog Pound Cake with Eggnog Glaze - Food Lust People Love 
Eggnog Kringel - Passion Kneaded
Banana Chocolate Chip Eggnog Coffee Cake - The Sweet {Tooth} Life
Eggnog Cupcakes - Baking in Pyjamas
No-Bake Eggnog Cookies - Rhubarb and Honey
Eggnog Mexican Flan - Pantry Friendly Cooking
Eggnog Fudge - Mrs. Penguin
Eggnog Creme Brulee - The Freshman Cook

24 comments:

  1. I've been holding out on getting a mini muffin pan but there are so many cute minis like this one that are definitely convincing me to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those look PERFECT for this time of year - yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect little tastes of dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh these sound so good! I like that you got two Christmas treats into one recipe. You had me at white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Frances. I hope if you try them you enjoy them as mcuh as we did.

      Delete
  5. I see why these were a hit at the party! Gingerbread, eggnog and white chocolate. What a great combination, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such a great idea! The Santa's Eggnog Cups name totally has me picturing Santa sipping them like a dainty shot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great recipe, Wendy. What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound amazing! I'm a gingerbread nut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These gingerbread eggnog cups look super cute and sound amazing, Wendy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so cute and perfect for nibbling on. Love the combination of gingerbread and eggnog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are so fun! I can imagine that gingerbread and eggnog go very well together.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.