Tuesday, December 16, 2014

3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap

Displaying Cookie Swap Horz.png



This year I joined with Julie of White Lights on Wednesday for her Annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap.  In this swap we are assigned a partner.  We send our partner one of our tried and true cookie recipes and they return the favor.  We make the recipe that we receive and blog about it.  All of the blogs, from all of the participants, are then linked together for one big Cookie Party.

I was assigned Nina of Crazy for Cookies and More.  Pretty lucky to be assigned a blogger who named a her blog about being crazy for cookies, wasn't I?  Well, my luck did not stop there!!  The recipe that Nina chose to share with me was one that she created for a contest at her County Fair scoring a runner up ribbon in 2011. Like I said....it was a lucky day when I was given Nina as a partner in this swap.  Make sure you stop by her site and check out all the wonderful recipes.  This was not the only recipe that has won for Nina, she has several!!

I shared with Nina my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Blossoms that I created for #PumpkinWeek this year.  I hope she enjoys them as much as we did.

Looking over the recipe, I could immediately see why Nina's cookie placed in the competition.  They are filled with coconut, white chocolate chips, toffee bits and pecans.  Doesn't your tummy growl just reading that??

I made these cookies with a few slight adaptations.  The original recipe called for a small package of Coconut Cream Instant Pudding.  I couldn't find any at my local grocer but I did find a "Mounds" Instant Pudding (Dark Chocolate with Coconut) that I substituted with great results.  I also omitted the nuts...I love them but Frank doesn't care for nuts in his cookies so in the interest of marital harmony I left them out.  Other than those minor changes I made the recipe as written and all I can say is that I am surprised that it only won runner up because these are definitely First Place, Blue Ribbon Worthy Cookies.  In fact, that is what I am naming them!!


Frank enjoyed some cookies and milk when he came in from putting up Christmas lights.
These cookies are like eating a little piece of heaven.


A dozen got packaged up for Tingting to take home with her.
The rest went into my Christmas Cookie Jar.


Little Miss Melody says "Hey, wait a minute, I don't want to wait until next year to eat cookies!"
Thank you so much Nina, for the wonderful recipe.
I think they are going to make frequent appearances in our kitchen!!


Blue Ribbon Worthy Cookies
adapted from White Chocolate, Coconut, Toffee Cookies by Crazy for Cookies and More

2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 sm pkg Mounds Instant Pudding
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
3/4 c. shredded coconut
1 (11 oz) bag white chocolate chips
1 (8 oz) bag toffee bits

Preheat oven to 350*.  Sift together flour, soda and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.  In large bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars.  Beat in the instant pudding.  Add the eggs and vanilla.  Gradually beat in the flour mixture until combined. Turn speed to low and stir in the coconut, white chips and toffee bits.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire rack for cooling.  Print Recipe



7 comments:

  1. These look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of great cookie recipes. And that baby is growing so fast. They just don't stay little long, do they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call her our Buddha Baby. She will 3 mos old on the 19th and already weighs over 15 lbs.

      Delete
  3. This is such a good idea. I love making cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun!! I wish I'd known about this one. :) Those look YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.