Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My 10 Favorite Reads of the Year

I am linking up with Ten on Tuesday to share with you my top 10 favorite books that I read in 2014. Stop by Carol's page and see what other books are being recommended.


I have read 30.5 books this past year.  I am only through half of the 31st book but I think I will finish it today or tomorrow so I am including it on my list because it another excellent book by one of my favorite authors, Ken Follett.

So here, in no special order, are 10 books that I read and enjoyed and am recommending to you for 2015.  You can find my complete list and reviews here.


  1. Fall of Giants by Ken Follett.
  2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  3. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
  4. Calico Joe by John Grisham
  5. The Great Divorce by CS Lewis
  6. Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon
  7. My Father's House by Todd Saville
  8. The Fault in our Stars by John Green
  9. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  10. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Wow, choosing only 10 books was much harder than I thought it would be.  It would have been easier to list those books I would not recommend.  Looking forward to sharing more reading adventures in 2015.

8 comments:

  1. Your #8 and #10 were two books I really loved. That's a very eclectic list of grand books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I just love to read...I guess if I had to pick a favorite genre it would be Historical Fiction but I also love mysteries, thrillers, love stories, non fiction. I don't care.....just give me a book!

      Delete
  2. Oh, The Book Thief! Great book!! I look forward to looking up some of these in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list and you have two more books to look forward to in Ken Follett's trilogy! Happy Reading in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an I am looking forward to them. Thanks for stopping by Bonny.

      Delete
  4. The only book we shared on our list was Gone Girl...and we have discussed why it was such an "interesting" read. But I'll never forget it! Now I need to add a few of these to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really look at the Outlanders series Paula. It is great reading.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.