Sunday, December 28, 2014

All that Glitters is not Gold, All that Sparkles is not Silver

So here's the thing.  I love all these cooking clubs.  Everytime I see a new one I get all excited and I join.  I have met so many wonderful people who, like me, love food, cooking and blogging.  I have gotten excellent recipes and ideas.  I have had a lot of fun.  And sometimes......Sometimes I get confused.  Each club meets each month with a different day, different theme, different rules.  I need a day planner to keep it all straight.

I am not complaining.  I love it.  My first club and the one I will always hold closest to my heart is the Secret Recipe Club.  I did that for quite a while but then I made friends and those friends belonged to other clubs.  There is Food n Flix, Cook the Books,  Bundt Bakers, Bread Bakers, Food and Wine Pairing, Blogger CLUES and now CIC (Crazy Ingredient Challenge).  That is a lot of clubs but hey, I need to cook anyway so I may as well keep it interesting!

This month one of the clubs themes was "Something Sparkly".  So I went on to Pinterest and found this great recipe.  I read it and thought "Perfect"!!!  So I dragged Frank into the kitchen and had him pop some corn while I melted some white chocolate and pulled out my sprinkles.  It turned out beautiful.  It was delicious.  It was perfect!!



Except that when I went to write this post and link it to the correct club, I found that this theme is for Bloggers CLUES, in which we are not only given a theme but we are also assigned a blogger and we have to sneak into their recipe files to find a dish that we can use to incorporate with the theme. Sigh......

Since the recipe turned out so beautiful and so delicious I thought I would still share it with you tonight.  You never know...whoever gets assigned my blog might be very grateful that I made life so easy for them LOL.  Frank and I enjoyed this very much and I hope you do as well.  Keep in mind that we made this for just the two of us.  Adjust the amounts for how many servings you wish to have.

Gold and Silver Popcorn
adapted from Nest of Posies

1/4 c. popcorn kernels, popped
1/4 c. white ghiridelli chips
1 t. butter
1 T. milk
1 small tube of gold star glitter (edible)
1 T. of silver glitter (edible)

Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.  In a 2 c. glass measuring cup, melt the white chips and butter at 30 minute increments until smooth.  Add milk to thin and stir until combined and smooth.  Pour over popcorn and toss.  Pour coated popcorn onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with the edible gold stars and edible silver glitter.  Let dry for a few moments and serve.  Print Recipe

10 comments:

  1. Goodness, that is so pretty! And, I'll bet it tastes as good as it looks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a hot air pop corn maker for Christmas. I would love to try this.
    Happy New Year. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very beautiful and festive looking and delcious as well Catherine.

      Delete
  3. How pretty! Perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool name and result for the recipe. Yeah I sometimes drop and cut back on groups, they are fun but lots of responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to figure out a way to keep them all straight LOL.

      Delete
  5. I have sparklies! I might have to make this for New Year's Eve for the boys...while we drink our sparkly!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.