Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fudgy Peppermint Bundt for #BundtBakers

It is time once again for #BundtBakers.  This is a fun group of people who get together each month and share bundt cakes that we have made or created based on a theme chosen by our host.  Our host this month is Laura of  The Spiced Life.  Laura is a SAHM who, like me, loves to cook and bake and blog about it.  Also like me she lives in the middle of nowhere.  It takes us both about 45 minutes to get to what Laura calls "civilization" and what I call the "rat trap".  We are neighbors, Laura lives in Ohio but bleeds Maize and Blue for my State's Wolverines....so you know right there that she has excellent taste LOL.  To further prove her excellent taste Laura chose "Mint" as this month's Christmassy theme.  Thanks Laura, for hosting us this month.  We know it is a lot of hard work and we appreciate it.



This month's timing was perfect for me because over the weekend we celebrated Mom's 94th Birthday.  This Fudgy Peppermint Bundt was perfect as Mom's birthday cake.  I also made some Fudgy Pepperming Cupcakes to go along with it since all the great grandkids were there to celebrate with Great Grandma.  Guess who else showed up?   The old man himself....Santa Claus.....he comes each year to help Mom celebrate.



I found this recipe for Fudgy Peppermint Bundt Cake on Pillsbury. com.  I decided this would make a great cake for Mom's 94th Birthday Party.

Then, as we were getting ready for the party we ran into several road blocks that you can read about here.  So when I went to the grocery store to get everything I needed for the party, I came across this cake mix with the fudgy center included.  So in the interest of time and my sanity, I picked up 2 packages.  One that I made into a bundt and the other that I made into cupcakes for Mom's great grandchildren.  I added peppermint extract to the fudgy filling and I made a glaze to go over the bundt and frosting to go onto the  cupcakes.  Then I sprinkled them all with some crushed candy canes.



I am almost embarrassed to put the recipe on here but since that is the whole point of #BundtBakers, I guess I have no choice.

Fudgy Peppermint Bundt Cake 
adapted from Pillsbury

1 pkg. Fudge Truffle cake mix and ingredients called for on the package
1/2 t. peppermint extract
2 oz. cream cheese
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 T. milk
1 candy cane, finely crushed

Make the cake mix according to package directions.  Make the filling according to directions adding the peppermint extract along with the wet ingredients.  Bake as directed on package.

When cake is cool.  Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk.  Drizzle over the top of the cake.  Sprinkle with the crushed candy cane.  Print Recipe

Make sure you stop by and see what everyone else found to share for this Minty Christmas Challenge!

23 comments:

  1. Nice bundt! And belated big birthday wishes to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like PERFECT birthday treats! Can I come move in with you and help make meals for family gatherings and feed chickens and turkeys?? My husband has been talking more and more about "getting away from it all" and selling everything and buying some acreage, building a small house, and just living... I read your blog and am inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we inspire you Rebekah and we would love for you and your family to join ours!!

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! This time of year when things are hectic and busy, using a cake mix is a smart move! Fudge Truffle sounds like a good one!Hope your mom had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize you were a Michigan fan! Also lol I know we have 8 billion Laurens so I understand why it happened, but I'm LaurA. :) And your cake looks seriously tasty! Go Blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Laura, I am so happy. I edited and fixed it. I started off right and then for some reason had a brain fart. Forgive me.

      Delete
    2. I'm always trying to remember if it's a Lauren or :Laura. And if I am not mistaken, it's been a Lauren or Laura for the last three months.

      Delete
  5. Ooh how lovely. Love how easy this is to whip up. Happy Holidays ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous and delicious.
    I'm a bit delayed, but congratulations to your mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing wrong in using cake mix when you are in a hurry! The cake turns out great and everybody is happy! Merry Christmas and happy birthday to your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fudgy center!!! Great Bundt!
    Happy Birthday to your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun group and a perfect birthday cake (wow 94) for you mom, plus a very festive taste to for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cakes with a fudgy centre, this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.