Monday, December 1, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook for the First of December.

I like to join up with the Simple Woman when I have free time on a Monday.  I hope you enjoy reading it.


Outside my window the sun is shining and the pond has sparkles.

I am thinking about what I will wear tonight when we go to the DSO to see the Vienna Boy's Choir this evening.

I am thankful that my world is filled with such wonderful people.

I am wearing my nightie.  It has been a lazy morning for me.

I am going out to dinner  at Pegasus in Greektown before the show tonight.

I am wondering what to get people for Christmas this year.

I am still reading Apologize, Apologize...it started off as a laugh out loud book and has turned into a wipe the tears from your eyes so you can see what you are reading book.

I am hoping to finish addressing Christmas cards and Invitations to the Santa Party so I can mail them today.

I am learning what you need to do to apply for VA benefits when someone you love needs full time care.

Around the house I am wrapping Christmas gifts, making lists of what I have and what I need.

In the kitchen I am making cookies for our Secret Recipe Club Cookie Carnival.

I am pondering about how to keep Advent this year.  We have our Advent Candles that we burn at dinner each evening, and I am going to attend weekly retreats on Tuesday nights at our church but I would like to add more prayer and spirituality in my day to day living as well.

A favorite quote for today

One of my favorite things is the song Favorite Things from Sound of Music.


A few plans for this week.....mostly we will be removing 2000 lights from our prelit tree and replacing them all.  Frank thinks that since last year several were out it is time to replace them all.  I can hardly wait LOL.


2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.