This delicious dish combines fresh Leaf Lettuce, Grilled Radishes, and Ginger-Marinated Chicken Breasts in a Miso Dressing. It makes an amazing meal.
R is for Radish.........
My blogging friends and I get together every other Wednesday to share recipes that start or feature ingredients as we work our way through the alphabet. Let's take a look at the other R recipes being shared today........
- Culinary Cam: A Rocky Road Deep Dive
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Ginger Grilled Chicken and Radishes
- Sneha’s Recipe: Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- A Messy Kitchen: Migliaccio (Italian Ricotta and Semolina Cake)
- Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice: Mild Curry Chicken Salad with Diced Red Apple
- Mayuri’s Jikoni: Mysore Rasam
- Magical Ingredients: Ricotta Basil Rolls
- Food Lust People Love: Roasted Stuffed Chicken Parcels
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories: Spicy Slaw with Red Cabbage and Mango
- Blogghetti: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping
My very generous neighbor gifted me with fresh leaf lettuce and radishes from his early summer garden, which inspired this delicious dish that I have been waiting to share with you until we reached the Letter R in our Alphabet Challenge. I made a bed of lettuce to hold the chicken and surrounded it with the radishes I grilled with the chicken breasts.
Last year, for the Letter R, I shared a Rustic Rye Sourdough Loaf, and in 2024 I shared Pineapple Fried Rice.
D is for Ricotta Gnocchi
E is for Souper Easy Quiche
F is for Fondue
G is for Ham, Gruyere, and Spinach Packets
H is for Haluski
I is for Nutella Ice Cream
J is for Cowboy Candy
L is for Grilled Greek Pork Chops
M is for Melon and Prosciutto Salad
N is for Chicken Caprese Noodle Salad
O is for Apple Cider Old Fashioned Cocktail
P is for Yogurt Bowl Popsicles
Q is for Fresh Corn Quiche
Yield: 6 servings

Ginger Grilled Chicken and Radishes
This delicious dish combines fresh Leaf Lettuce, Grilled Radishes, and Ginger-Marinated Chicken Breasts in a Miso Dressing. It makes an amazing meal.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 15 MinInactive time: 2 HourTotal time: 2 H & 25 M
Ingredients
- 6 (6 oz) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bottle ginger beer
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. + 2 T. seasoned rice vinegar, divided
- 3 T. ginger paste
- 1 T. white miso
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green sections, thinly sliced
- 12-15 radishes, halved length-wise
- 3 c. leaf lettuce
Instructions
- Season the chicken with salt and place it into a large, sealable plastic bag. Add the beer, garlic, 3/4 cup of vinegar, and the ginger paste. Seal the bag, releasing the air, and massage the marinade onto the chicken through the bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Whisk together the miso, 3/4 cup oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining vinegar with the scallions. Set aside at room temperature for up to one hour or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Toss the radishes with 1 T. of oil, season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken and radishes on a hot grill and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is lightly charred and reaches an internal temperature of 165* and the radishes are charred in spots and tender.
- Toss the lettuce with half of the dressing and place onto a serving platter. Arrange the radishes along the outer edge of the lettuce and the chicken in the center. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
Notes
adapted from a recipe found at Epicurious.
Nutrition Facts
Calories
421Fat (grams)
30 gSat. Fat (grams)
5 gCarbs (grams)
9 gFiber (grams)
1 gNet carbs
8 gSugar (grams)
7 gProtein (grams)
25 gSodium (milligrams)
285 mgCholesterol (grams)
72 mgProperty of A Day in the Life on the Farm



Well, heck. Why have I never grilled radishes??? They are always welcome here in our house...but grilled? I bet they're amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteThey are Colleen, changes their flavor profile completely.
DeleteA perfect protein rich salad, love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sneha.
DeleteThis is such a creative way to cook wth radishes. I can just imagine the sweet roasted flavor.
ReplyDeleteSo good, Karen.
DeleteYou had me at miso dressing but I love that you also grilled the radishes!
ReplyDeleteI love roasted or grilled radishes, Stacy.
DeleteI keep hearing about roasted/grilled radishes and we so need to try these! I usually add them as a quick pickled topper but I know they get more mild this way. And it looks absolutely delicious too, beautiful meal.
ReplyDeleteYes, so many ways to change the flavor profile of an often overlooked vegetable.
DeleteGinger flavoured Chicken and grilled radishes. Unique combination. Another easy to follow recipe from you Wendy.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mayuri, that's my motto, easy peasy and delicious.
Delete