Wednesday, July 22, 2026

O is for Old Fashioned

This delicious, classic cocktail has a twist: crisp apple cider added to the mix, creating an Apple Cider Old Fashioned.  Cheers!!

Apple Cider Old Fashioned

O is for Old Fashioned.......

My blogging friends and I get together every other Wednesday to share recipes that start or feature ingredients as we work our way through the alphabet. Let's take a look at the other O recipes being shared today........


Apple Cider Old Fashioned

Last year for the Letter O, I shared Overnight Oats.  In 2024, I shared Orange Chili Pulled Pork.


Cocktails, Bourbon, Apple Cider
Drinks
American
Yield: 1 cocktail
Author: Wendy Klik
Apple Cider Old Fashioned

Apple Cider Old Fashioned

This delicious, classic cocktail has a twist: crisp apple cider added to the mix, creating an Apple Cider Old Fashioned. Cheers!!

Prep time: 3 MinTotal time: 3 Min

Ingredients

  • 2 oz. apple cider
  • dash of Angostura bitters
  • 1/2 t. brown sugar
  • 2 ounces of bourbon
  • Orange slice for garnish, if desired

Instructions

  1. Place the apple cider, brown sugar, and bitters into a cocktail glass. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
  2. Fill the glass with ice. Add the whiskey and stir.
  3. Garnish, if desired, and serve.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

210

Fat (grams)

0 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

0 g

Carbs (grams)

19 g

Fiber (grams)

2 g

Net carbs

17 g

Sugar (grams)

16 g

Protein (grams)

1 g

Sodium (milligrams)

3 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

0 mg

1 comment:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.