Friday, September 25, 2026

Suffering disappointment, Looking on the Bright Side and Creating the Weekly Menu......

We were supposed to leave this morning for a trip to Cabo San Lucas.  Mother Nature had other plans.  Three large Category 5 storms are in the Pacific, heading towards land, right where we were supposed to vacation.

Storms near Cabo

We are, of course, very disappointed.  We also consider ourselves lucky that we got full refunds and can reschedule the trip for another time.

I believe everything happens for a reason, so I am looking at the bright side.  Should our new grandson decide to arrive early, we will be home.  We can also attend an awards ceremony for our Angel Face, who has 5 pieces of her artwork on display.  AND....we still get to see Chuck.  Since he had the time off work, he is coming home to see us instead of flying to Cabo with us. 

Larry and Mary, who are in from CA, were going to our niece's while we were gone; they are still planning on going, so we have room for Chuck when he arrives.  Our niece had planned a Dubrul gathering for tonight that we were going to miss; now we can attend.  She is serving up pulled pork for dinner and having a potluck.  I am taking Mac and Cheese.

So that is our dinner tonight, and I am sharing what we will be eating the rest of the week.....

Soup Saturday 

Sunday Supper
Pork Tenderloin
Roasted Root Vegetables

Meatless Monday
Spinach and Cheese Ravioli Marinara

Taco Tuesday
Out for Mexican with Luths and Bonacorsis

Wednesday
Out for Dinner after Mel's Art Exhibit

Thursday
Cashew Chicken
Steamed Rice

Fish Friday
Fish and Mac




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.