Sunday, September 27, 2026

Crab Sushi Bowl #SundayFunday

I love sushi, but I think all that rolling and making it look gorgeous is a lot of work.  So I tend to make sushi bowls at home and enjoy the art when dining out.  All the same great flavors without all the work.

Crab Sushi Bowl

The Sunday Funday bloggers are cooking up Rice today......
Sunday Funday logo

Mayuri of Mayuri's Jikoni is hosting today.  She invited us to join her in sharing any dish that contains rice in any form.  I made a bowl.  Let's see what the others cooked up......

Sushi Bowl Pin

I love making and serving bowls.  All the components of your favorite dishes placed into a bowl makes an attractive and colorful meal.


Entrees, Seafood, Crab, Bowls, Rice, Eat a Rainbow
Entrees, Seafood
Asian
Yield: 2 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Crab Sushi Bowl

Crab Sushi Bowl

I love sushi, but I think all that rolling and making it look gorgeous is a lot of work. So I tend to make sushi bowls at home and enjoy the art when dining out. All the same great flavors without all the work.


Prep time: 10 MinTotal time: 10 Min

Ingredients

  • 1/4 c. vegetable oil
  • 2 T. orange juice
  • 1 T. honey
  • 1 T. seasoned rice vinegar
  • 1 T. toasted sesame oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 t. ginger paste
  • 5 T. mayonnaise
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 T. tahini
  • 8 oz. lump crab meat, picked over
  • 1 scallion, white and light green part, sliced
  • 2 c. warm cooked sushi rice
  • 1/2 c. shredded carrots
  • 1/2 c. thinly sliced seedless cucumber, unpeeled
  • 1 T. toasted sesame seeds, for garnish, if desired

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the oil, orange juice, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, a pinch of salt and the ginger paste. Set aside.
  2. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the crabmeat and scallions. Stir to combine.
  3. Place 1 cup of the sushi rice in a bowl, surround it with half the crab, carrots, and cucumbers, and drizzle with half the dressing. Repeat in a second bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.

Notes

adapted from a recipe found at Food Network

Nutrition Facts

Calories

934

Fat (grams)

67 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

10 g

Carbs (grams)

55 g

Fiber (grams)

4 g

Net carbs

51 g

Sugar (grams)

13 g

Protein (grams)

27 g

Sodium (milligrams)

1301 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

62 mg

1 comment:

  1. Sushi really is a chore but every once in a while, I bite the bullet and do it. Your bowls are a much easier idea, Wendy! Great combo of flavors!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.