Saturday, December 30, 2023

And that's a Wrap...the end of a year and the end of the Foodies Read Bingo Challenge on the 5th Day of Christmas

The very last category in my Foodies Read Bingo Challenge was A Book that had been on my To Be Read list for far too long.  Last Christmas I got the book Coffee and Cookies with God: 31 Devotions for December as a gift.  This year I pulled the book out and started each morning this month with a cup of coffee while I read the devotion, spent some time in prayer and thanksgiving, and found some calm in all the busyness of the season.  I finished my last devotion this morning.

Coffee with God

This book was completed on the 5th day of Christmas, as a bonus, it completed my Foodies Read Bingo Challenge by completing my goal of a Coverall.

My sister-in-law, Rebecca, gave me this book that contains not only the 31 Devotions to start my morning but also a selection of cookie recipes at the back of the book.  She knows me well.

Sadie's Snaps

The very first recipe came from the devotion on Day 1 and was for Sadie Snaps by Becky Alexander.  It is an easy peasy recipe to further streamline my busy days so I included them in my cookie bakes this year.

Sadie Snaps

These easy bar cookies start with a box of cake mix and contain only 5 ingredients.  The recipe called for mint chocolate chips.  I couldn't find any at my grocers so I bought a package of Andes Mints and gave them a couple of pulses in the food processor.

Yes, we are still baking and feasting here on the Farm as we continue to celebrate the birth of our Lord until January 6th, when we have a final celebration of Little Christmas.  

These are an easy bar cookie that starts with a boxed cake mix.  I used the mint chocolate chips called for in the original recipe but you could use any flavor or any candy that you wish.  These cookies are not just for Christmas. I will be experimenting with them throughout the year.  They are a perfect addition to a lunch box.

I want to thank Heather of Foodies Read for this fun challenge at the end of 2023. It encouraged me to find time for self-care when I otherwise may not have.  Here is my completed Foodies Read Bingo Card using this recipe from a book that Has Been on my TBR list for Far Too Long.  

You will find links to all the other books I read to complete this challenge underneath the recipe box.  Stop by Foodies Read and see how the others did with this challenge. 


Foodies Read Bingo

 

Desserts, Cookies, Mint, Pecans
Desserts
American
Yield: 24 cookies
Author: Wendy Klik
Sadie Snaps

Sadie Snaps

These easy bar cookies start with a box of cake mix and contain only 5 ingredients.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 25 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 box cake mix of choice
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 T. melted butter
  • 28 Andes Mints, chopped into pieces
  • 1/2 c. chopped pecans

Instructions

  1. Whisk the eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Add the yellow cake mix and butter. Stir until just combined.
  2. Stir in the mints and pecans.
  3. Spread into an 8x11" pan that has been treated with baking spray.
  4. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20 minutes.
  5. Let cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe by Becky Alexander found in Coffee and Cookies with God

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.