Monday, September 4, 2023

Lemon Pepper Potato Wedges and A Cookbook Review

The Angel Face gave me a Cookbook for my birthday.  She knows me well.  She laughs at me because no matter what topic she brings up I turn it into a food conversation.  

Cooking from the Spirit
This cookbook by Tabitha Brown is a Vegan cookbook.  Angel Face thought it would be a good choice because I am always looking for Meatless options to make for her Daddy, who is not vegan but does not eat meat.
Air Fried Potato Wedges

When the Angel Face was coming back to stay the night on the following Friday, I was frying up some Walleye that I had also been gifted for my birthday from John.  I decided to look for a side dish from Cooking from the Spirit by Tabitha Brown.

I read cookbooks like other people read novels.  I start at the beginning.  As soon as you open this book you find a proclamation inviting you to "Come on in the Room!".  This is followed by Tabitha asking those who claim to never have eaten Vegan to ask if they had ever eaten an apple.

Tabitha tried eating Vegan after having suffered for over a year with an undiagnosed, painful illness.  It started out as a 30-day challenge and was so effective that she never went back to eating as she had before the challenge.

Tabitha explains all of this in her introduction which also includes how to transition to a vegan diet, kitchen tips,  and ingredients to keep on hand.  Each recipe also ends with a "Tabism".  The Tabism for the Potato Wedges that I am sharing today reads "Don't run from your problems, honey.  Sit down with them and have a little chat".

Tabitha serves her potato wedges with a plant-based ranch dressing she calls "Blanch" dressing.   I did not make the blanch dressing this time but I did buy some Vegan Mayo so that I can make it in the future.


Foodies Read Bingo

Heather of Based on a True Story, hosts a group called Foodies Read.  Regular readers of this blog are very familiar with Foodies Read as I link up to it several times a month.

Heather decided to try a new theme for our group by making a Bingo board for us to fill out.  How fun is that?  

This is my first entry onto the bingo card.  I had my choice between  Author being of a Different Race than I, Starring a Chef, I made a Recipe from this Book, Linked up to Foodies Read, and Cookbook.  I chose Cookbook.

I am shooting for a coverall during these next few months.  Please share any book recommendations you may have.





Potatoes, Side Dishes, Air Fryer, Vegetable Sides
Vegetables, Side Dish
American
Yield: 8 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Lemon Pepper Potato Wedges

Lemon Pepper Potato Wedges

These potato wedges are parboiled with seasoning salt before being seasoned with lemon pepper, garlic, and chili powder and air-fried to tender, flavorful goodness.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 40 MinTotal time: 45 Min

Ingredients

  • 4 Russet Potatoes
  • Seasoning Salt, to taste
  • Lemon Pepper seasoning, to taste
  • Garlic Powder, to taste
  • Chili Powder, to taste

Instructions

  1. Scrub the potatoes and cut each into 8 wedges. Place in a pot and cover with about 1" of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, add seasoning salt, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
  2. Drain the potatoes and season with the desired amount of Lemon Pepper, Garlic, and Chili Powder. Place onto the rack of your air fryer and cook until browned and crusty in spots with a tender interior, about 20 minutes at 425*.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe found in Cooking from the Spirit by Tabitha Brown.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

86.11

Fat (grams)

0.13 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

0.04 g

Carbs (grams)

19.65 g

Fiber (grams)

1.51 g

Net carbs

18.14 g

Sugar (grams)

0.69 g

Protein (grams)

2.37 g

Sodium (milligrams)

33.88 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

0 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.