Saturday, December 9, 2023

Cheers! It is Christmastime in Michigan #WinePW

Our halls are all decked and we are feeling jolly.  It is time for the parties to commence.  We start tonight with a dinner at Jessica and Julien's.  Julien's parents have been visiting from France and tonight is their last evening here.  

Gift Basket

I am taking this Michigan-themed basket to share with everyone.......

Tea Towel

I lined the basket with a tea towel celebrating the winter snow in Michigan.  This basket contains Michigan Sparkling Wine from Mawby and Sparkling Juice from St. Julien. Both of these wineries are in Northern Michigan.  

Sparkling Wine

Mawby Winery located in Suttons Bay, Michigan specializes in Sparkling Wines. They have been selling Sparkling Wines made in Michigan for 50 years and began exclusively producing Methode Champenoise sparkling wines in the late 1990s, ceasing his still wine production.

This wine is a Rose made of several different varietals.  It is made in the Cuve Close method meaning that the second fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks instead of in the bottles.  This is done with large-scale fermentations.  

I don't know why Mawby chose the name they did for this bottle but they do say it pairs well with sushi, roast chicken, brie cheese, and date night....so there is that LOL.

Sparkling Juice

St. Julian has been producing wines in Michigan for over 100 years.  They use only Michigan Fruit for their wines and have expanded to 5 Tasting Rooms throughout Michigan.  I like that they also offer Sparkling Juice for those who don't want or can't have alcohol.  The Angel Face loves it when she can have a glass of "wine" with her dinner.  Mama enjoys the sparkling juice as well.  She suffers from an alcohol intolerance known as the Asian Flush.

Chips

I also included some Michigan goodies to enjoy with the bubbly.  Better Made Chips have been produced in Detroit since August 1, 1930.  I would argue that their BBQ chips are the best in the country.  For this basket, I bought chocolate-covered potato chips to pair with the sparkling wines.

Nut and Cherry Mix

Germack Pistachio company was founded by John and Frank Germack in the 1930's.  It is now in the 4th generation of Germacks and has, expanded to include dried fruit, healthy mixes, and chocolate-covered nuts. The company is still going strong in Detroit, Michigan.  I chose a healthy mix to add to the basket.

Please stop by and see what the other bloggers are serving up this holiday season......

Tomorrow we are hosting our Annual Santa Party.  I have a very large family so I am planning on about 50 people.  This is my favorite gathering of the year.  It is all about the kids...just like Christmas should be.

Dinner is casual and kid-friendly.  I will set up a taco bar and the chocolate fountain.  My great-niece who is growing up and is now a young lady is baking a Birthday Cake so we can sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.  

On Thursday our neighbors are joining us for some Christmas cheer.  On Friday, our choir is going caroling and then to a restaurant for a casual Christmas gathering.  

This month is flying by.  Christmas is only 2 weeks away and I still haven't settled on the menu but I do have this week's menu to share with you.

Are you ready for your holidays?

Saturday
Dinner at Jessica and Julien's

Sunday-Santa Party
Chips with Guacamole, Salsa, and Mexican 7-layer dip
Build your own Taco Bar
Chocolate Fountain and Birthday Cake

Monday
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Tomato Soup

Tuesday
Pork Fried Rice

Wednesday
Chicken with Cornmeal Dumplings

Thursday-Friends for Dinner
Lobster Bisque
Bistro Salad
Steak Diane
Mashed Potatoes
Haricot Verts
Puff Pastry Galette

Friday
Out for Dinner


8 comments:

  1. I love Mawby! Had several of their wines my last visit, very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you leaned into the Michigan theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool gift basket! I bet cool northern Michigan produces crisp sparkling wine. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the introduction to these 2 Michigan sparkling beverages Wendy. Wishing you and your a glorious holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.