Thursday, December 28, 2023

Pasta to finish up the Leftovers on the 3rd Day of Christmas

Santa brought me pasta attachments for my Kitchen-Aid Mixer this year.  I had fun playing with it on this 3rd Day of Christmas and as a bonus, I used up the leftover shrimp I had in the refrigerator from Christmas Day.

Homemade Pasta with Shrimp
I had the old-style pasta attachment for my kitchen aid.  It works great for short-cut pasta like macaroni, but not so great for longer noodles.  I also have a spaetzle maker that I use quite often. But when I wanted Spaghetti or Fettuccine I had to either roll and cut it by hand or buy dried, so I was very excited when I opened the pasta attachments that were under the tree this year.

pasta attachment

So on this 3rd day of Christmas, I got to play with my new toy.  I made a simple egg pasta recipe and used my new equipment to make fettuccine noodles.

Fettuccine Noodles

I had some leftover shrimp scampi from Christmas Dinner and a pint of Farmstand Marinara.  I heated up the marinara and added about 2 Tablespoons of leftover Boursin Cheese and a glug of heavy cream while I brought salted water to a boil.  The fresh pasta only takes a minute or two to cook so when I put the pasta into the water I added the shrimp to the marinara to heat through.  

The result was a delicious al dente pasta topped with a lovely shrimp and creamy tomato sauce.  Little Miss M was very excited when she arrived.  She told her Mama that Grammy made pasta just for her and proceeded to eat 2 servings.

I hope you got something special under the tree that you are enjoying!!







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I have been wanting one of these attachments for a while now but thought they were too expensive. I'm happy Santa found money in his budget LOL.....

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.