Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Celebrating with Cousins starting with Leftovers on the 2nd Day of Christmas

On this second day of Christmas, we are having Frank's cousin Bob and his two daughters and their husbands over to celebrate the season.  Don't tell anyone but I am serving up leftovers.....

2nd Day of Christmas graphic
courtesy of google images
The hambone went into the slow cooker yesterday morning along with some yellow peas, turkey broth (made with the turkey frame), vegetables, and seasoning. It cooked all day. 

Split Pea Soup

I removed the bone, chopped up the meat, and returned it to the pot.  It cooled and was put in the refrigerator last night so today I will only need to plug it in and let it rewarm before they arrive.  I used yellow split peas this time and followed this recipe that I have shared in the past.

The second course will be a seasonal salad of Arugula with Pears, followed by Turkey Pot Pie.  I was going to make a brownie trifle for dessert using leftover brownies but there was only one lone brownie left so I had it for breakfast LOL....

I do, however, have one whole apple pie and two pieces of another left, so that will be dessert tonight served up ala mode.  

I am looking forward to a wonderful evening, catching up with great folks that we do not get to see often enough.  

What are you doing this 2nd Day of Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.