Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Lemon Zucchini Bread #BreadBakers

This delicious bright, lemony bread studded with lemon zest and shredded zucchini then topped with a sweet and tart glaze is a perfect summertime dessert.  Cooked up in a loaf pan makes it easy to slice and serve when enjoying time outdoors.  It is also a wonderful breakfast with a nice cup of coffee or tea.

Lemon Loaf

The Bread Bakers are sharing their favorite loaves today.......

Kelly of A Messy Kitchen is hosting today and asked us to share our favorite bread recipe.  This was a hard theme for me.  I love bread in so many styles, shapes and sizes.  

Let's take a look at what the favorites are for the rest of the bakers......


BreadBakers
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

Lemon Loaf sliced

I took this loaf with me to a Fish Fry pot luck that I attended.  When it was time for dessert, I sliced the bread and place it on the dessert buffet for people to help themselves.

Slice of Lemon Zucchini Bread

This is one of my favorite breads for many reasons.  First and foremost....look at those flecks of lemon zest and zucchini!!  I also love this quick bread because it is so easy peasy, taking less than 10 minutes prep time before baking.  I love that it gives me another use for all the zucchini that seem to multiply on my kitchen counter during the summer months.  But mostly, I love how much other people enjoy it and the compliments that I receive when serving it.

Lemon Loaf pin
This recipe is sure to become one of your favorites too.  You can make up several loaves when zucchini is plentiful.  It freezes beautifully but wait to add the glaze when you take it out to enjoy during the bleak winter months.  It is like taking a bite of sunshine!!


Bread, Quick Bread, Desserts, Lemon, Zucchini
Bread
American
Yield: 12 servings (1 loaf)
Author: Wendy Klik
Lemon Zucchini Loaf

Lemon Zucchini Loaf

This delicious bright, lemony bread studded with lemon zest and shredded zucchini then topped with a sweet and tart glaze is a perfect summertime dessert.
Prep time: 7 MinCook time: 1 HourTotal time: 1 H & 7 M

Ingredients

Bread
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. canola oil
  • 1 1/3 c. sugar
  • zest and juice of one lemon
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 c. grated zucchini
Glaze
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 2 T. lemon juice
  • 1 T. milk

Instructions

  1. Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.  Set aside
  2. In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs with the oil and sugar until well blended.  Add all but 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice, all the zest and the milk and beat until combined. 
  3. With mixer on low speed, stir in the zucchini and dry ingredients until blended.  Pour into a 9x5" loaf pan that has been treated with baking spray.  
  4. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about an hour, until a skewer inserted in the center of the loaf removes cleanly.  Let cool in pan on wire rack for a few minutes before removing.  
  5. Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice.  Add the milk, a bit at a time until desired glaze consistency is met.  Remove the loaf from the pan onto a wire rack placed over a sheet of parchment paper.  Spoon glaze over the loaf while it is still warm.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

299.23

Fat (grams)

10.27

Sat. Fat (grams)

1.05

Carbs (grams)

49.14

Fiber (grams)

0.59

Net carbs

48.54

Sugar (grams)

32.50

Protein (grams)

3.61

Sodium (milligrams)

196.61

Cholesterol (grams)

31.61

16 comments:

  1. I adore anything lemon and this looks phenomenally good to me! I would love to make this for our next game night, I even have two little zucchini ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zucchini is such a great add in because it lets other flavors shine through. Your bread looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the zucchini bread especially with lemon glaze..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for our zucchini to start coming in fast and furious, this looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beautiful glaze is calling out to me! I need to try this with limes. So hard to get lemons here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a delicious summery loaf. Love the lemony drip all over. It must be so so YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as I enjoy the magical process of yeast breads or sourdough, I love quick breads too. Your zucchini loaf looks so inviting with that lovely glaze, Wendy. Bet it was gone in a flash!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.