Friday, July 23, 2021

Smoked Salmon Sushi Bowl #SummerGamesWeek

All the goodness of sushi in bowl form.  Seasoned brown rice, siracha mayo, smoked salmon, edamame and avocado combine making a perfect, portable lunch.

sushi bowl

This is my final recipe for #SummerGamesWeek..............

Welcome to #SummerGamesWeek 2021 hosted by Amy from House of Nash Eats!  We are celebrating the start of the Tokyo Games with over 50 recipes representing more than 25 countries competing in the upcoming Summer Games! Come join me and my fellow Summer Games Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!

Friday #SummerGamesWeek Recipes

This has been such a fun week preparing for the start of the Summer Olympic Games being held in Japan this year after having been postponed due to COVID last year.   I'm looking forward to gathering with family and friends to cheer on the USA.  Of course, my family is very diverse so we will also be cheering on China, France, Russia, Germany and Denmark.

sushi bowl pin

For my final recipe I wanted to showcase our host country of Japan.  I am a huge sushi lover.  I am also the only sushi lover living in this house.  So when I saw this great idea for a sushi bowl from Jamie Oliver I knew that I could adapt it to just serve one.  This was a quick fix for my lunch one day.  To make it even easier, I used single serving precooked and packaged brown rice and frozen edamame.

If you live in a household with more adventurous eaters than I, you can easily adapt this recipe to feed as many as you want.  Enjoy......



Sushi, Rice, Smoked Salmon, Bowls, Avocado, Edamame
Entrees, Seafood
Japanese
Yield: 1 serving
Author: Wendy Klik
Smoked Salmon Sushi Bowl

Smoked Salmon Sushi Bowl

All the goodness of sushi in bowl form. Seasoned brown rice, siracha mayo, smoked salmon, edamame and avocado combine making a perfect, portable lunch.
Prep time: 5 MinTotal time: 5 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 c. cooked brown rice
  • 1 T. seasoned rice vinegar
  • 1/2 t. rice wine
  • 1/2 T. soy sauce
  • sprinkle of sesame seeds
  • 1 T. Miracle Whip
  • 1/2 t. siracha
  • juice of 1/4 lime + lime slices for garnish
  • 4 oz. cold smoked salmon
  • 3-4 slices avocado
  • 10 frozen edamame pods, blanched

Instructions

  1. Combine the rice vinegar, rice wine and soy sauce.  Add the brown rice and toss to combine.  Place into a single serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
  2. Whisk together the Miracle Whip, siracha and lime juice.  Set aside. 
  3. Top the rice with the smoked salmon, siracha mayo, avocado and edamame.  Garnish with lime slices.

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe by Jamie Oliver

Nutrition Facts

Calories

3692.06

Fat (grams)

204.53

Sat. Fat (grams)

27.97

Carbs (grams)

294.89

Fiber (grams)

138.23

Net carbs

156.66

Sugar (grams)

70.72

Protein (grams)

230.38

Sodium (milligrams)

3195.80

Cholesterol (grams)

27.51

7 comments:

  1. This is the perfect meal when looking for something with a lot of flavor, but more on the healthy side. I loved working with all the different ingredients I don't typically use - edamame, siracha, salmon, and so on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Totally doing this for dinner for my family this next week and making the brown rice in my instant pot. Fortunately my entire family loves sushi so I know this is right up our alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you for being able to eat this with your family and lucky me that it is so easy to make a single serving for myself.

      Delete
  3. What an easy and practical alternative to standard sushi. Love all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flavor profile of this sushi bowl. Also, like how to make a quick fix with your tips, healthy one too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.