Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Wine Wednesday featuring #L'Ecole Luminesce paired with a Summer Shrimp and Macaroni Salad

Hello and welcome ot Wine Wednesday.  I have been honored to be chosen as an Ambassador for L'Ecole Wines.  As an ambassador, I am sent wine each month and join the others in a Zoom meeting where we learn all about the wine we were sent.  I receive no monetary compensation.  


This month we are exploring a white blend that L'Ecole calls Luminesce.......
We had our Zoom meeting this past Monday evening.  I poured myself a glass of this wine and settled in for the chat.  Normally we are given two bottles of the wine being showcased. In this instance were only sent one bottle because the Luminesce was limited until the new batch is available in a couple of weeks.  You can learn about the timing and order a bottle on the Luminesce page.


The first thing we discussed was the current heat wave affecting the west side of the USA right now.  The Walla Walla Valley has had 3 weeks of triple digit weather.  They have not had to dapple the vines, that is pulling the leaves that get damaged.  They have been misting and have placed canopies over the vines to protect them from the sun.  The harvest will be a little bit earlier due to the heatwave.


I sipped this wine while we talked and afterward I sipped a second glass with a Shrimp Macaroni Salad that I made for dinner.  This 2020 vintage is 62% Semillon and 38% Sauvignon Blanc.  It pours a gorgeous golden and smells of flowers and citrus.  This wine was full and round and was better with each sip as it warmed a little and opened up.  I was pleasantly surprised with the spice in this wine, a definite hint of white pepper, that I loved.

When the Zoom meeting concluded, I poured a second glass and made up a plate of Shrimp Macaroni Salad that I had made earlier in the day and refrigerated.  It was a fine pairing, not a perfect pairing as the wine deserves something a little more classy.  I have some spicy grilled scallops coming up on the menu and I think this wine would be perfect with them.  

I guess I could have saved some to try with it but I'll have to wait until August and order up a few bottles because I enjoyed the final glass of the bottle while watching the taping of Master Chef.  C'est la Vie.



Pasta, Salads, Entrees, Sides, Seafood, Shellfish, Shrimp, Quick, Easy
Salads
American
Yield: 4 main course servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Shrimp Macaroni Salad

Shrimp Macaroni Salad

Tender macaroni, crisp vegetables and sweet salad shrimp enfolded in a lovely dressing. Perfect as a light main course meal or as a side dish at your next pot luck.
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 12 MinInactive time: 4 HourTotal time: 4 H & 27 M

Ingredients

  • 8 oz. salad shrimp, thawed
  • 2 c. macaroni noodles, cooked per package directions
  • 1 1/4 c. Miracle Whip
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 2 T. sweet relish
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 t. yellow mustard
  • 1/2 t. sugar
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions

  1. In large bowl whisk together the Miracle Whip, onion, celery, relish, lemon juice, mustard and sugar.  Taste and season with salt and pepper.  Taste again and add additional relish and/or sugar to taste.
  2. Fold in the pasta, that has been rinsed in cold water and drained, and the shrimp. 
  3. Turn into a serving bowl and chill for at least 4 hrs before serving.
  4. When serving add additional Miracle Whip, if needed.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

326.72

Fat (grams)

11.17

Sat. Fat (grams)

2.07

Carbs (grams)

45.88

Fiber (grams)

3.68

Net carbs

42.19

Sugar (grams)

19.83

Protein (grams)

11.13

Sodium (milligrams)

1167.85

Cholesterol (grams)

88.78

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.