Saturday, July 24, 2021

Chicken Salad starting with Leftovers and the Weekly Menu

 I'm not sure what happened but I missed posting my Weekly Menu last week.  Trust me when I tell you that we did eat.....and we ate well.  One of my favorite meals was this Hard Cider Glazed Rotisserie Chicken that I shared with you on Thursday.  I paired this meal with some Hard Ciders for our World Wine Travel group.  We are meeting for twitter chat today at 11 AM ET if you would like to join us.  You will find us by following #WorldWineTravel.

Chicken Salad

I took the leftover chicken off the bones and turned it into this wonderful chicken salad for lunch the next day.
We also enjoyed some Pork Satay last week as well as a smoked sausage and pierogi skillet that was absolutely delicious.  

The only excuse I have is that it was quite the busy week.  My master bath remodel is nearly done.  The vanity counter with sinks and the desk area granite were installed.  The closet is ready for clothes and shoes to be returned.  The tile guys returned and finished up the backsplash and shower sill.  The plumber will be here today to finish up his part and then we are good to go.

I will be putting everything away that has been piled into our Master bedroom. Then I am emptying all my furniture so my friend Tamie and I can update it with some fresh paint while Frank updates the floor, window and door moldings.  

So that should take up quite a bit of the week.  Tomorrow Amy, Doug, Jess, Julien and Melody are joining us for dinner.  Monday I have a meeting at church.  Wednesday is food pantry and it is also John's Birthday. We will be taking him down to Mexican Town to celebrate.  Thursday we are meeting Amy and Doug for dinner and line dancing.  

In the meantime we are still going to need te eat so here is this week's menu.  What's on your menu this week?

Saturday
Uccellini Scappati
Mashed Potatoes 
Roasted Asparagus

Sunday-Family Dinner
Beer Pretzel Nuggets
New England Shrimp Boil
Poire Belle Helene

Meatless Monday
Algonquin 3 Sisters Rice Casserole

Tuesday
Grilled Steaks
Potato Puffs
Glazed Carrots

Wednesday-John's Birthday
Out to dinner

Thursday-Line Dancing
Out to dinner

Friday
Fish and Chips
Cole Slaw


Before I leave you today, I want to share this chicken salad that you can make using any leftover chicken you might have in the refrigerator; or if you plan on picking up a rotisserie chicken for dinner during the week this will be a great recipe for you to serve as lunch afterwards.  




Leftovers, Chicken, Salads
Chicken, Salads
American
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad

Chicken, pecans, dried cherries, celery and onions enfolded in a light dressing. Enjoy a scoop on lettuce with fresh fruit for an elegant lunch or make it into a sandwich and head out for a picnic.
Prep time: 5 MinTotal time: 5 Min

Ingredients

  • 2 c. leftover chicken, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 1/2 c. pecan pieces
  • 1/2 c. dried cherries
  • 3/4 c. Miracle Whip
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 T. sweet relish
  • 1 t. sugar
  • squeeze of lemon juice

Instructions

  1. Place the chicken, celery, onions, cherries and pecans in a large bowl.  Whisk together the Miracle Whip, relish, sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice.  Pour over the chicken mixture and gently fold together until coated.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

359.49

Fat (grams)

19.67

Sat. Fat (grams)

3.60

Carbs (grams)

28.91

Fiber (grams)

3.00

Net carbs

25.91

Sugar (grams)

21.54

Protein (grams)

17.91

Sodium (milligrams)

541.65

Cholesterol (grams)

67.77

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.