Monday, January 25, 2016

Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins: #MuffinMonday

I have to confess that I almost didn't participate in Muffin Monday this week because this whole month has been crazy busy for me and I didn't know where I was going to fit it in.  Then on Thursday, I got to keep Little Miss Melody while her Mommy worked and she kept grabbing me by the hand and taking me to the cupboard.  We got out the craisins and some cheerios.  She snacked on those.  Then she took me by the hand to the refrigerator and I saw a half package of blueberries that were left from blueberry pancakes on Monday.  I offered some to Mel but she wanted string cheese.

While she enjoyed the string cheese and went into my spice cupboard (one of her favorite things to do) I grabbed the blueberries, yogurt and egg from the fridge.  I snatched the cinnamon from the Little Angels hand and in the time it took her to eat the cheese, my muffins were in the oven.  Life is good.


Life got even better because after I put the muffins in the oven, my Little Miss came to me and said "night night".  I took her up for a nap and now have time to write and schedule this post.  When my Angel face awakens she will have a wonderful Blueberry Oatmeal Muffin waiting for her.


Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
adapted from Betty Crocker

1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1 egg
2 T. canola oil
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2/3 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 c. fresh blueberries

Prepare a 6 cup muffin tin by spraying with baking spray.  

Combine yogurt and oats in a small bowl.  In a large bowl whisk together the egg, oil and brown sugar.  Stir in the flour, soda, cinnamon and salt.  Add the yogurt mixture and stir to combine, then fold in the blueberries.

Divide batter evenly among the prepared cups and bake in a preheated 400* oven for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer inserted removes cleanly.  Print Recipe

Look at these delicious muffins our group made


14 comments:

  1. Amazing what we can manage to do, even with precious little ones under foot! Well done, Wendy. Lovely muffins as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy, I can't wait for her to get old enough to be my sous chef.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet story! You nailed it! Your muffins sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did we ever do it with little ones. And more than one!! AND work full time!!! Muffins look delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was a stay at home Mom until my kids were in school full days but I know exactly what you are saying Paula.

      Delete
  4. Whoa - she WANTED to take a nap? You are blessed, indeed! You know, blueberry muffins are my favorite - yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are blessed, she is a very good girl. She doesn't sleep much though. She is in bed at night by 8 but still wakes during the night to be nursed and then is up at 6 am with only one nap of an hour or so during the day.

      Delete
  5. This is great Wendy! I'll have to try it and check the calorie count. Judging by the ingredients, I'd say it's pretty low for something so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (looks like my comment didn't save)
    I just love this recipe, Wendy, and I know my little man would too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy,
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful day and were able to make these muffins--they look terrific!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.