Thursday, January 28, 2016

There's a Party Going On.....

And it is up in Heaven.  Our dear mother left us yesterday to join my Pops, brother, nephew, grandparents, aunts and uncles.  Not too mention nearly every single one of her friends.  When you live to be 95, the majority of your friends and acquaintances are long gone.

Those that knew my Mom know that she was a social butterfly.  Mom loved nothing more in this world than dressing up pretty for a night on the town, unless it was sitting at the kitchen table with her family drinking beer and playing cards.

When we kids were all young and broke with small children, Mom's house was the place to gather every Saturday night.  There would be a big pot of chili or pizza would be ordered in, the babies were all turned over to our youngest sibling who was a born caregiver to children and loved keeping the babies and then we would all pull out our change and break out the cards.

Mom and Pops never thought the kids were too noisy and if they wished they could have a Saturday night home alone in peace, they never once let us know it.

They weren't perfect parents but they were the best parents they could be.  And they must have done some things right because the entire family, all of the siblings, our children and now our grandchildren remain close.  We always have each others backs and even if we are cheesed with each other over something it never lasts longer than a few minutes.

I think there is no greater legacy parents can give than to raise a family that is filled with love, encouragement and respect.  Mom did that...she taught us that to hold a grudge only hurt you.  That forgiveness set you free and that understanding and empathizing with others would get you much further than judging and condemning.  She taught me that helping others makes you feel good about yourself and that being kind to someone, even just once, could change that person's entire life.

Thanks Mom...I will miss you and I will not forget the lessons you taught.
  


Gladys M. Dubrul

age 95 of Ira Twp., MI. died January 27, 2016 in her home.  She was born December 13, 1920 in Mt. Clemens, MI.  She married Louis Dubrul on December 29, 1937 In Mt. Clemens, he died September 23, 2010.
Gladys was a retired bus driver for the Clintondale Public Schools, and a longtime member of the Our Lady on the River Parish St. Catherines Catholic Church, Algonac, MI. 
Mrs. Dubrul is survived by her children Lawrence F. (Mary) Dubrul, Gary M. (Catherine) Dubrul, Richard D. (Jacqueline) Dubrul, Wendy (Frank) Klik, and Dawn (Thomas) Mager, 20 grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren.  She was predeceased by a son Daniel A. Dubrul, and a grandson Daniel A. Dubrul Jr.
Mrs. Dubrul will be instate at 12:30 PM Saturday January 30, 2016 with Mass at 1:00 PM in the Our Lady on the River Parish St. Catherines Catholic Church, Algonac.  Visitation 1-4 & 6-9 PM Friday in the Gilbert Funeral Home, Algonac. Memorial donations may be made to the Village of East Harbor-Haven Hall Activity Center 33875 Kiely Dr. Chesterfield, MI. 48047 or the McLaren Hospice 1515 Cal Dr. Davison, MI. 48423
  
Copyright © 2016 Gilbert Funeral Home. All rights reserved. ........ Powered by SitesAreUs.com 

8 comments:

  1. Love you Gladys and will miss you...say HI to Louie for me. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your mother. It sounds like she lived a very full life and raised a wonderful family. As the tears flow down my cheeks I wish that I could reach out and hug you. You don't need me to tell you that you were a wonderful daughter. God Bless you Wendy! My prayers will be with you all as you say your good-byes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I haven't "known" you for long, I feel like through the stories on your blog I got to know your mom. Her personality definitely reminded me of my husband's Great Granny who passed away at age 93 just a few short years ago. I'm sorry that your momma is no longer with you. But I know her legacy will definitely live on through your blog stories and recipes you share. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm sorry to see this. 95 is a very impressive age, of course, but I know it isn't easy to lose a parent. I'm glad that you have so many happy memories with her and a big, loving family to be going on with. Best wishes to you & yours. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We are here to support each other and luckily (so far) when one breaks down the others have been strong.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.