Monday, January 18, 2016

Crostini with Smoked Salmon Mousse

I wanted to share a delicious and easy peasy snack with you today.  I served this each day over the weekend and it was a huge hit.  When we ran out of Crostini we switched to crackers and it was just as good.  This Smoked Salmon Mousse, that I shared with you way back in March of 2014, really needed to be make another appearance.  I had nearly forgotten about it and ran across it again when looking for inspiration for a new group I started called Fish Friday Foodies.


This smoked salmon mousse is also delicious on bagels for breakfast or brunch.  Mini bagels on a platter would make a perfect foil for the mousse on a brunch buffet.  I will be pinning this on our Fish Friday Foodies Pinterest board.  Fish Friday Foodies is a group that shares a fish or seafood recipe on the third Friday of each month.  February's host is going to be Stacy of Food Lust People Love, who has chosen a theme of Seafood Soups and Stews of the World.  If you would like to join our group please leave a comment below and I will be happy to add you.

Since I had already posted the recipe for the Smoked Salmon Mousse I am sharing with you my easy peasy version of crostini.  Enjoy!!

Crostini

1 baguette, sliced into 1/2" diagonal rounds
2 T. olive oil
sea salt 
freshly cracked pepper

Place baguette slices onto a baking sheet.  Combine olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.  Brush onto top side of the baguettes slices and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 15-18 minutes, until toasty brown.  Print Recipe

Join us at the Tasty Tuesdays Linkup

Creative K Kids

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.