Saturday, September 27, 2014

Getting my Baby Fix and the Weekly Menu

Frank and I got up and went for a walk this morning.  What a beautiful day and you know what?  The only person who touched us was each other.  It was a breath of fresh air, both literally and figuratively, after our walks in NYC.

Frank took care of the animals while I am grabbed some breakfast.  I showered while he had breakfast and then threw together my dish for Foodie Extravaganza which premiers here, on this blog, on October 1st, while he was showering.  Foodie Extravagnza is a group that has been together for quite a while and I was honored that they invited me to join them.

This afternoon we went to visit Mom, did some shopping for Little Miss and then over to spend some time with her!!! She is adorable.



Before I left I started on the weekly menu since it is still Saturday even though we have a baby.

I think I have mentioned previously that I am starting Soup Saturdays now that fall is here so tonight is my first Soup Saturday dinner.

Tomorrow we are flying to Mackinac Island.  This is the trip we missed last weekend because we were welcoming Little Miss into our world.

Larry and Mary arrive Wednesday morning.

The rest of the week is pretty quiet so I should be getting lots of Maddie time in!!

Please stop by each day.  I will be sharing photos and recipes.  I am also linking up with MPM where there are tons of menus to peruse.  Today, enjoy my Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread Recipe.



Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread

3/4 c. corn meal
1 1/4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
1 t. sat
1/4 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 c. milk
1 egg
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
1 c. shredded cheese

Place all ingredients in the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment.  Mix at low speed until blended.  Turn out into a cast iron skillet that has been heated and in which 1 T. of drippings, butter or oil has been melted.  Place skillet in a preheated 400* oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.  Print Recipe

Soup Saturday
White Chicken Chili
Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread

Sunday
Out for dinner

Meatless Monday
Spaghetti Squash Marinara

Try it Tuesday
Chicken and Rice Casserole

Welcome Dinner Wednesday
Short Ribs
Mashed Potatoes
Steamed Green Beans

Thursday
BBQ Ribs
Roasted Red Skin Potatoes
Grilled Vegetables
Chicken Pot Pie

Friday
Cedar Planked Salmon
Asparagus Risotto

One year ago--Wine Tasting Dinner with Friends

4 comments:

  1. That little one has changed quite a bit in just one week. Oh how I miss a baby in the house....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that the weather is getting cooler. I've actually got the windows open and the A/C off!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.