Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I am taking a moment to paricipate in  The Simple Woman's Daybook.  I love starting my day off this way.  You might also.  Join us and let me know what you think.

Outside my Window: I see the ell of the hotel in which we are staying that contains the pool.

I am Thinking: That I will let Frank sleep until he awakens on his own because he has a long drive in front of him.

I am Thankful:  That the plane problems yesterday were easily managed.  Electrical problems are inconvenient and you eventually lose your radio contact with others but it does not effect how the plane flies and you can safely get to an airport to land.

I am Wearing: my night clothes.

I am Creating: A sense of Peace and Gratitude that yesterday's hiccup was just that....a minor hiccup in the big scheme of things.

I am Going: To NYC where I will be going to Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State Building and Broadway to see the Jersey Boys!!

I am Wondering; How my Little Miss is doing today.  She had to go for a blood draw yesterday as she was looking a bit jaundiced.

I am Reading: Child 44, just started but so far it is.....disturbing.

Child 44

I am Hoping: That the rest of the trip goes without a hitch.

I am Learning: That Life's little disappointments are not tragedies...just inconveniences.

Around the House: Karen is taking care of my animals

In the Kitchen: I think this hotel offers a build your own waffle bar but I haven't been down there yet. I am brewing coffee in my room though.

I am Pondering: This lovely prayer card that the hotel has in each room:

"The Stranger within our Gates"

This hotel is a human institution to serve people and not solely a money making organization.
  We hope that God will grant you peace and rest while you are under our roof. 

May this suite and hotel be your home away from home.
May those you love be near you in thoughts and dreams.
Even though we may not get to know you, we hope that you will be comfortable and happy as if you were in your own home.

May the business that brought you our way prosper.
May every call you make and message you receive add to your joy.
When you leave, may your journey be safe.

We are all travelers.
From "birth to death" we travel between the eternities.
May these days be pleasant for you, profitable for society, helpful for those you meet and a joy to those you know and love you best.

A Favorite Quote for Today:  

One of my Favorite Things: Travel and New Adventures

A Few Plans for my Week:  Touring NYC and sharing it with you.

One year ago--Weekend Wrapup




4 comments:

  1. I love how you can see things like this as just a little disappointment and not a tragedy. I tend more towards the cup half-empty philosophy, but I am going to work on that this year......I can't wait to see NYC through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that everything is a matter of perspective. Each morning I try to wake up and determine that this day is going to be a good day. It makes life easier.

      Delete
  2. Love the quote! I needed that today

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.